Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear... Oh the smell is in the air

Options
  • 05-06-2006 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Can anyonse else see their own pulse beating in their eyes??? :\

Holy crap... holy CRAP.

What subject do you fear the most?? Maths and Irish for me... I'm on the pigs back for everything else!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

maths im so crap at it! its unreal!!!!!! im getting a first grind on wednesday evening just in time for the exam so whatever i learn in that grind im doing in my exam.

english too cause these bloody poets- is the irish enough, im takin a risk dont care anymore.

geography- new course had a year to do it

biology- hate the bloody thing ewwwwwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

hehe im doing geography and biology

apparently what our teacher told us to do for out geography project was a load of crap and we're all going to fail lol

ah bio isn't that bad, it's definately better than maths or irish!

god why didn't I pick music and art...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

english is what i fear the most...everything else...sorted

tis a balls aint it! geography in the words of tommy tiernan is dericelous!!!!!!!! blah i dont give a crap nemore headin to the beach now!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

defo english,business (only did it in a year) and geography (new course did it in a year aswell)!!

word to the wise DO NOT REPEAT!!!it;s not worth it!!!

• Advertisement

beach?! lucky cow!

im too scared to even go out side! I'm afraid I'll be attacked by the evil leaving cert man... "why aren't you studying!! You'll get nowhere in life with an attitude like that!FUN!? What is his concept! Fun doesn't even register on my vocabulary meter!"

I hate the way basically the last 14 years of my life depends on 2 ****ing sujects/4 exams...

arse...

yeah the boyfriend is been a bit of a gaylord though!! he is like u have to study and im like dude!! im like matilda! im so not like but sure what can u do! im sick and tired of this crap and plus i study so much better at night! so why not go to the beach!!
    i went to donegal match yesterday hahaha i really am a waster! :p but an adorable one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

yeah the boyfriend is been a bit of a gaylord though!! he is like u have to study and im like dude!! im like matilda! im so not like but sure what can u do! im sick and tired of this crap and plus i study so much better at night! so why not go to the beach!!
    i went to donegal match yesterday hahaha i really am a waster! :p but an adorable one!!!

O-kkkaaaaaaayyyyyy...:p Moving on swiftly...

Am I the only one not nervous?I haven't studied at all although really I need B's across the board.But I feel fine.I've felt more nervous before practice Hurling games frankly...

Thats not right.

Heh I was supposed to study yesterday, also... but it was my mates birthday, and I threw a barbeque for him lol

there was alcahol involved what with it being his birthday(****ty time of the year to turn 18 eh) so couldn't study after that...

im not nervous either its because there was sooo much hype for so long and now ur just like blah lets get it over with...............

• Advertisement

its not the end of the world though seriously, i dont no i think you wont get anything done now, if you worked atall throughout the year it should pay off!

Orizio wrote:
    O-kkkaaaaaaayyyyyy...:p Moving on swiftly...

Am I the only one not nervous?I haven't studied at all although really I need B's across the board.But I feel fine.I've felt more nervous before practice Hurling games frankly...

Thats not right.

ah are you one of these feckers I hate that say "I've not studied" but secretly have studied and are bloody geniuses? I'm not good with exams... or studying... or school in general. I'm not how you say... "Academic"

See? I probably didn't even spell that right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Not nervous. Just dont want to do an essay in english on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

mang87 wrote:
    ah are you one of these feckers I hate that say "I've not studied" but secretly have studied and are bloody geniuses? I'm not good with exams... or studying... or school in general. I'm not how you say... "Academic"

See? I probably didn't even spell that right!

Nah but I know the kind of person your talking about.

I could probably get serious points if I wasn't so lazy and completely disinterested in learning some useless Maths formulae and bollocks Irish stories.

Besides it impossible to learn when its so fecking sunny,when the Hurling season is kicking off,when the World cup is about to kick off...:(

I wouldn't suggest learning off anything.Instead think of an original but simple plot before you go in.You'd be suprised how creative and coherent you are when under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

NADA wrote:

paper 1 is easy marks, just BS at least 12 pages of sh!te, and you'll get 120 marks + :D(that is my plan, note: may or may not work at all)

Orizio wrote:
    Nah but I know the kind of person your talking about.

I could probably get serious points if I wasn't so lazy and completely disinterested in learning some useless Maths formulae and bollocks Irish stories.

Besides it impossible to learn when its so fecking sunny,when the Hurling season is kicking off,when the World cup is about to kick off...:(

Yea,h same. Same. Same. I could get bloody great points, I'm definately not a stupid person, but like you said, the Disinterested Train is pretty much running full steam..

Sunny? Yes. Christ. Of. Almight. The heat around here is unreal. I just opened a window to cool the place down, but I just noticed it's only letting ****ing heat IN!!
    Orizio wrote:
    I wouldn't suggest learning off anything.Instead think of an original but simple plot before you go in.You'd be suprised how creative and coherent you are when under pressure.

Hell yes I'll vouch for that. The best essays I've ever written were always one of those last thing, the night before, have-to-do-it-now-or-im-****ed jobs... I've gotten so many A's and B's with this process :p

paper 1 is easy marks, just BS at least 12 pages of sh!te, and you'll get 120 marks + :D(that is my plan, note: may or may not work at all)

Worked for me in the mocks, but im doing ordinary level... but I did come out with 72% and I hadn't studied at all... Literaly, didn't pick up one book to study. I tihnk I just took it all in in class or something

I've always been good at just making up storys under pressure. I can lie through my ****ing teeth when im put on the spot, and make it believable. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

In order of difficulty:

Maths......hope for C3
    Physics....****ed because i dont know formulae or definitions and havent any option prepared. hope to pass.
    French.....Ive lost intrest in french but will pass. hope fo a C
    English......I'll bull**** my way through it
    Irish.........Should do alright. might scrape a B
    Tech Drawing....some tricky parts to questions but overall shud do alright.
    Construction....piece of piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

For me it's just ...
    Barely Pass English and German I CAN'T fail
    Get about a B3 in everything else

Hopefully

Hope...
    I won't be able to open my results

God damn you! Doing tech drawing?! Our school dropped it in ****ing 3rd year for some reason! after me doing 3 years of it, getting a B, and having a natural bloody talent for it! It was such a load of billshut :mad:

French... yeah, I dunno what the deal is with french. I such at it, but the bloody Aural is impossible to fail... more than 3/4 of it is like multiple choice wtf?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

In order of difficulty:

Business - no interest in the subject & if most marks dont go 2 management im fcuked.
    Geog - new course didnt listen for 2 years, dont understand the last ques on the paper.
    Maths - For a C1 im fine but to get an A2 im fcuked.
    Tech Drawin - did it outside school so only had 1 class a week & only understand 4 ques & only covered 8 ques.
    English - Cudnt care about the subject shud come out wit a C1 wit no real study
    Con.St - Fine 4 soild days to study something I know really well already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Somewhat worried about history, I've studied quite a bit but there are so many things that could come up. And if you're unlucky and nothing you've studied comes up in one of the sections, 20% out the window - and that's the end of an exam I want an A1 in.

I've done absolutely no work in French for about 3 months, but meh, some night-before study should enable me to wing it. Listening could be a disaster.

Irish...hehehehe...paper 1 should be alright if I prepare a decent essay the night before. Listening, again, could be a disaster. My paper 2 will likely be verging on a joke.

Maths, sorted. Business, sorted. English, (assuming I have the most productive day of my life tomorrow) sorted. Applied Maths, 9 days to study and I'll be sorted.

Overall, I'm reasonably confident of getting the points I need. With the exception of history, I'm not nervous really. It's blown a bit out of proportion this Leaving Cert thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

I screwed in Maths...hope to just muddle my way through Paper 1 and then study really hard over the weekend for 2, while also studying for history, which is my other weak link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

mang87 wrote:
    God damn you! Doing tech drawing?! Our school dropped it in ****ing 3rd year for some reason! after me doing 3 years of it, getting a B, and having a natural bloody talent for it! It was such a load of billshut :mad:

French... yeah, I dunno what the deal is with french. I such at it, but the bloody Aural is impossible to fail... more than 3/4 of it is like multiple choice wtf?!

I got an A in the JC and for some insane reason didn't pick it for 5th year....I realised the error of my ways last September and switched to TD then. It's now my best, favourite and most prepared subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Yeh it hit me today..how much i still have to do..im ****ting bricks.MAJORLY>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i'll pass everything.

no weak link as such. im an all rounder. apart from maths. it's my 7th subject. still passed it in the pre's though.

anyone else got an old boring exam hall? mine is cold, ugly, boring and dark. completely uninspiring. i feel it could have a major effect on how i perform.

i mean, for the junior a had a big new, wide, bright, airy gym which was great as that relaxes you and is inspiring when you look up to think.

an ole kip with paint falling off the walls and tiny little desks doesnt help. we should all have the same standard, its a big disadvantage imo to have an old boring dark place to be doing the leaving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I think we're doing ours in classrooms, either that or the study hall which is the echoiest place ever. It's designed to teachers can here everything, so it'll wreck our heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Funkstard wrote:
    I got an A in the JC and for some insane reason didn't pick it for 5th year....I realised the error of my ways last September and switched to TD then. It's now my best, favourite and most prepared subject.
    Yeah same with me I got an A in the JC but in 5th yr for some od reason I didnt want to do it and put down geog. Then I had some trouble wit my subjects I ended up quittin Accounting picked up Home Ec did that for a while got 10% in xmas test so quit home ec and picked up GCSE P.E. At the time I was doing 7 leaving cert subjects(dropped german about 2months ago) but I decided to pick up Tech Drawing outside school. Now its one of my fav subjects that & Con.st but im not that good at it only got a D1 in the mock.
    Yeh it hit me today..how much i still have to do..im ****ting bricks.MAJORLY>
    Yep hit me last nite how I have left everything too late to study for! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

No matter what happens, life will go on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement