Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kane to retire early next year?

• 05-06-2006 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

This is from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    Kane has recently talked to WWE management about how he would like to retire soon, perhaps as early as January 2007. Kane feels that he has accomplished all that he can in his career. If Kane was to retire, it wouldn’t affect his “See No Evil” film deal as he has already signed a contract for a sequel to the movie.

Many people feel that Kane is one of the most respected guys in the RAW locker room. Sources say that he carries himself very professionally and it would be ashame to end his career without a decent title run. Kane has stated several times that his 24 hour title reign in 1998 does not bother him, however, many within WWE (including Vince McMahon) feels as though that Kane has been bothered that he has not gotten another title reign in his career. Even though he's technically on RAW, there was some thought to giving him a title win at Judgment Day or No Way Out, but those plans were nixed. Another source said that when Kane was asked about a possible future title reign he said, "It's time for the younger guys to shine."

Before his departure, Kane would like to be involved with Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton and John Cena. He would also like to reunite with The Undertaker as a tag team. Additionally, The Undertaker has expressed to management that Kane could possibly be the one to end his undefeated Wrestlemania streak. However, Kane turned down the idea, seeing as it would take credibility away from Taker's legacy.

I think Kane is deserving of another title run but I think the ideal time for it might have been in 2003 when he was heavily involved in storylines when his mask was removed. Still, I'd like to see him have another run if he is to retire soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Id definately like to see Kane have another run, but not as the face character he is right now. Hopefully this May 19th business will lead to Kane turning heel (although I cant see how) and putting the mask back on. He would be a more believable champ if he was the old Kane on a reign of terror. Cena and Lashley are crowd favourites so a turn is looking likely.
    Another source said that when Kane was asked about a possible future title reign he said, "It's time for the younger guys to shine."
    Kane turned down the idea, seeing as it would take credibility away from Taker's legacy.

These seem very strange to me, either Kane is incredibly stupid or the soundest man ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

The kane gimmick has been one of the best (apart from UT). However my only problem is that it was completely shat on by WWE storyline writers and HHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Kane has been one of the top men for years and deserves a decent title run. WE need him back as evil and pyscothic with a compley I'll destroy anyone in my path attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I can't remember the last time I seen him have a good match. And he's been in some bad ones lately. Stick in a Kane v Carlito match pre-wrestlemania just as an example.

I'd agree that giving Kane a win against the Undertaker is a bad idea at wrestlemania. They need to give it to someone that will be there long term and that will truly get elevated from it like a Bobby Lashley.

His time as a top, top guy is gone. When they initally took the mask off him that was the time to pull the trigger on another Kane title run if they were gonna do it. But that was 3 long years ago. And the buzz that he had initally or when he was unmasked is long gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I like Kane to an extent, and I'd be sad to see him retire. But he hasn't had any great matches in a long time, as Vince said. If he could somehow return to being the masked, long haired, non-talking Kane of '98, I'd say the fans would be big into him again. But that's not really possible..unless Kane retires and they try to pass off this fake guy as the real Kane, which really would not surprise anyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Kane might not be having the greatest matches in the world right now, but, I think he could easily carry the title again. Switch him over to smackdown (because I prefer that brand) and let him have the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

If those quotes are true, he's clearly got a great attitude, which is very refreshing in this business.

Advertisement