Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mce

• 05-06-2006 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

ok prob a stupid question but is it possible to get my hands on a copy of Win MCE as a product. on the MS website it says it only comes with the PC but i've read threads on here saying that people have purchased it.....is this true or am i picking them up wrong?

afaik Vista will all the MCE features included? plus more...would i better waiting. Running a non legit copy of XP pro at the min, and i am a victim of the genuine advantage tightening up which is fair enuff so want to get a copy of legit windows in the near future.

any advice appreciated lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I'm looking at MS MCE now for sale from an OEM builder.

It can be bought separate.

As for MCE features in the new Vista, well tbh, I don't know. However knowing Billy Gate$ he will keep them split so people have to pay out for 5 or six extra features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

nurse_baz wrote:
    ok prob a stupid question but is it possible to get my hands on a copy of Win MCE as a product. on the MS website it says it only comes with the PC but i've read threads on here saying that people have purchased it.....is this true or am i picking them up wrong?

afaik Vista will all the MCE features included? plus more...would i better waiting. Running a non legit copy of XP pro at the min, and i am a victim of the genuine advantage tightening up which is fair enuff so want to get a copy of legit windows in the near future.

any advice appreciated lads
    MCE is incorporated into the new Windows Vista. I'm running it atm. There will be several versions of Vista (5 or 6) starting with basic and going up to the ultimate edition. It mightened be included in the lower versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

so is MCE worth the bother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

nurse_baz wrote:
    so is MCE worth the bother?
    Not really. You can download Windows Vista Beta 2 now from Microsoft and run it on up to 10 pcs.
    Details here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/preview.mspx
    and in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054943243

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

yeah i got that yesterday......well i had a slight hiccup with it, as I saved the d\l onto the wrong drive which didn't have enough space and managed to lose it, but it didn't take that long really.

need to decide how to install it though, maybe back everything up and go for fresh install see how it plays out, because correct me if I'm wrong here, but in order to create a new partition for a dual boot install, it'll end up wiping everything anyways?

Advertisement