Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVR software

• 05-06-2006 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

hi all

i'm running an ATI Radeon 9800 (all in wonder) card on my machine....and well the PVR/EPG software sucks big time!

its buggy and the PVR is awful imho......tryed a few different packages but can't really seem to get them working, any ideas from out there. from reading around it seems that there a rake of compatibility issues with my card and lots of the programs out there, anyone come across this, or is it just cos i'm incompetant :D
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

the AIW's can be tricky alright.

What software have you tried?

GB-PVR
    Media Portal

In windows are two I would reccommend.

It might be possible to get it to run under mythtv, but TV out for the graphics would almost definately be a problem.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I've had working ATI TV out in linux for a while! Most of the ATI's TV outs do work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

not concerned about the TV out tbh, refcently installed media portal but for some reason it won't see my card. haven't really had time to sit down and play with it but I think I know whats wrong as I think i remember reading a post on the support site about it.

did install GB-PVR and but didn't go with it for some reason........escapes me now. d\l vista the other day to have a play with but so far haven't gotten round to that either. media centre features seem to be ok for a beta

Advertisement