Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy will be there in english

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Yeh Edmund's the bad bollocks. I wouldn't say Edgar would justify a full question either...he changes yeh but he's too feckin naieve and straightforward. Edmund is great, and if you end up writing on him, don't say he repents his sins at the end - because he doesn't He just says "Some good I mean to do" to look good, he knows he's dying, he knows Goneril has poisoned Regan, he knows Cordelia and Lear are dead.

If he really had changed, he would have told Albany/Edgar/Kent about the death sentence before - instead he said "What you have charg'd me with is true...And more, much more which time will reveal"

Consummate liar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭michelle_ie

Funkstard wrote:
    I wouldn't see them asking a question on just the Fool. A man more sinn'd against than sinning or Edmund ftw.

i think they could ask a question on like edgar and edmund or parenting in general..
    that would be a lovely question to bull**** ur way through

I dunno...if you think about it Edgar and Edmund don't interact that much apart from Edmund scheming to have Edgar banished, and Edgar eventually slaying Edmund. Their roles in the play diverge for most of it.

But I could see a question on the differences between them or something.

I think there'll be a question on Lear himself in some shape or form though

theres always a character question and a imaragy question or something.. the image of nature is a nice question....

Is it set in stone that there's 1 on a character and 1 on imagery?

I'd imagine imagery could change to a theme or something

• Advertisement

im not sure but thats what my teacher said, but shes a gimp so i wouldnt go by her.... in our pre it was "lear is a man more sinned againest than sinning" and "love as a redemptive force"

a man more sinned against winning f.t.w. *prays*

if you have Folens exam papers look at the sample papers they made for this year, it has questions on the Fool, on the importance of the subplot in Lear.

Also has some good poetry combinations!

but see the fool like do they not have a feelin the fool is really cordelia... because they are never seen on stage together and he just disappeared... i dont think they will bring up the fool if they do im not answering it.

what poetry combinations??

• Advertisement

Plath Bishop Hardy and Longley was my favourite one!

yeah its a possibility! id take plath out throw in yeats.. but nah longley has to be up he has to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

he better be! hes a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tweetypie

Oh its getting closer!

So i have studied longley, plath and bishop..hardy is just a no go zone for me! Do you think i am covered? Our teacher seemed pretty sure a female poet will definately come up or there will be 'uproar'!

As for Lear... i am lost! Any ideas where to start?!:confused: Our teacher kept blabbing on about its appeal to a modern audience so hopefully that comes up!

yeah tweety ur sorted.. im only doing the two irish poets

tweetypie wrote:
    Oh its getting closer!

So i have studied longley, plath and bishop..hardy is just a no go zone for me! Do you think i am covered? Our teacher seemed pretty sure a female poet will definately come up or there will be 'uproar'!

As for Lear... i am lost! Any ideas where to start?!:confused: Our teacher kept blabbing on about its appeal to a modern audience so hopefully that comes up!

welcome to boards tweety! you seem covered in poetry but you should just go over king lear for about 30 mins or so and jot down some quotations and remember the main parts to the play and know what its all about.

welcome to boards tweety! you seem covered in poetry but you should just go over king lear for about 30 mins or so and jot down some quotations and remember the main parts to the play and know what its all about.

Hey! Went over king lear this morning and skimmed over the main quotes so hopefully i'll get through it!!! What i would do now to have that paper in my hand to see whats going to come up!

tweetypie wrote:
    Hey! Went over king lear this morning and skimmed over the main quotes so hopefully i'll get through it!!! What i would do now to have that paper in my hand to see whats going to come up!

if anybody apart from the examiners had that info they would be millionaires!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

if the paper comes to me in my sleep i'll post it up at 800 hours!!

lol! But sure you can always dream!

• Advertisement

tweetypie wrote:
    lol! But sure you can always dream!

it would be nice if someone came to me in a dream with the answers! or even the questions so i could study early in the morning on that certain thing! lol

it would be nice if someone came to me in a dream with the answers! or even the questions so i could study early in the morning on that certain thing! lol

I'm sure it will be grand! so are you finished all your english studying yet!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i think i better head and do some lear now!! if i get a sudden revelation i'll come back on!! i will persever in my course of knowledge. i bid thee farewell

tweetypie wrote:
    I'm sure it will be grand! so are you finished all your english studying yet!?

nah , just a bit of poetry to do. gotta figure out some combination to rememebr all the poems so i don't mix them up !

nah , just a bit of poetry to do. gotta figure out some combination to rememebr all the poems so i don't mix them up !

I know there is so many of them! When i was studying bishop and plath earlier i kept getting confused as to who wrote which poem! What poets are you studying?

tweetypie wrote:
    I know there is so many of them! When i was studying bishop and plath earlier i kept getting confused as to who wrote which poem! What poets are you studying?

longley and hardy! i like longleys poetry which makes it easier, hes a legend!

longley and hardy! i like longleys poetry which makes it easier, hes a legend!

Longley is the handiest poet on the whole course! I have my fingers crossed he will come up! I will probably just sit and cry if he doesnt! Better get going to do some more studying! Best of luck tomorrow!

tweetypie wrote:
    Longley is the handiest poet on the whole course! I have my fingers crossed he will come up! I will probably just sit and cry if he doesnt! Better get going to do some more studying! Best of luck tomorrow!

thanks, you too!

I had a dream over the weekend that one of the essay titles was about how maths i taught to Irish students.

Here's for one on the edcucation system. Doubt they'd be that specific.

I'd absolutely love if an essay on immigration came up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

:D dont you just love it when im right :p gowan hardy, ya good un

my balls are now safe :-)

Advertisement