Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Finals (will contain spoilers+results!)

Options
  • 05-06-2006 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

Miami vs. Dallas.

I predict Miami to win 4-2.
    I just don't think Dallas has enough to defend against Shaq and wade. Dallas has Diop and Dampier (who didn't play against PHX) at the centre, both are big enough and strong enough to guard Shaq, but if Ben Wallace could only barely manage to put up some resistance, I can't see these two doing any better.

Josh Howard is a very good defender and him along with Terry and Stackhouse, they have some bodies capable of defending Wade. But it's Wade who shot amazingly well against Richard Hamilton and the steady stream of Detroit double teams.

The problem for the Heat will be guarding Nowitzki. Walker, Haslem and Mourning maybe, could guard him. But I think it'll be the case that the Heat will let Nowitzki get his 40 points per game and try to close down the rest of the Mavs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 unreg1987

Wow, so Miami is gonna win a best-of-seven series 3-1? Fair f***s to them, no one else has ever pulled that off! :D

I think dallas will win 4-3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

unreg1987 wrote:
    Wow, so Miami is gonna win a best-of-seven series 3-1? Fair f***s to them, no one else has ever pulled that off! :D

I think dallas will win 4-3.
    Yeah, they are that good!
    I can't see how Dallas will be able to stop Wade as well as Detroit did. Hamilton was a really good defender, and when Det had the ball Hamilton ran Wade into the ground, around screens, all along the baseline. Plus Detroit has amazing help/team defense.
    Someone like Josh Howard is good but apart from him I think wade will blow past any other defenders.
    Only thing I can see as a plus for Dallas is Nowitzki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

HHmmmm, I'm not sure who I want to win.

I'd like the Heat to win, just to show the Lakers that they were fools for choosing Kobe over Shaq and I'd also like Payton to get a ring.

And I'd like the Mavs to win because it would show how European players are an integral part of the league these days.

Either outcome would do but I'd probably prefer the Heat overall. Just hope it's not a sweep, they're boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

some match last night. I thought Wade was bound to miss one of those throws!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Game5 had a crazy ending.

Heat 3-2 up.

Dallas wanted a timeout after the second freethrow but from what I've seen in replays and whatnot, the ref took the signal as them wanting a timeout right then, and a timeout was called after the first free throw.

1.9s on the clock :-/

Wade pointed the second free throw. No time for anything after that for Dallas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Yeah I watched it this morning, amazing stuff.
    You have to feel sorry for Josh Howard, he was the one who signalled for the Timeout, even though the Mavericks tried to say he was asking his coach if they should take the timeout.
    You could tell by the look of him that he knew he had ****ed up.

Terrible free throw shooting by the Heat (bar wade), they should have won it in regulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Miami win game6 to win their first Finals 4-2 over Dallas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Well, I wanted Dallas to win, but well done to Wade for leading Miami. No one with a brain can say that was Shaq's team. Wade carried them and he deserver the MVP he got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

moneyman wrote:
    Well, I wanted Dallas to win, but well done to Wade for leading Miami. No one with a brain can say that was Shaq's team. Wade carried them and he deserver the MVP he got.

Yeah agree with you completely. I hope the Lakers are sick for getting rid of Shaq!!

Advertisement