Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC to non-HD TV over S-Video: how?

Options
  • 05-06-2006 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    so I finished building a PC for my friend. Simple enough build, with a GeForce 7600 GT; but now that I've tried hooking it up to his TV I've run into problems. I can't get the resolutions right!
    It's a 3-4yr old Sony 32" Trinitron (widescreen). It has a 16:9 aspect ratio (not 14:9), and I know it can do 100Hz refresh.
    However, even after going through all options in RivaTuner & nVidia display manager, the screen is still cut off, and flickers on and off when accessing things like the menu screens in MS FlightSim 2k4. It's really unpleasant.

So can anybody teach me how to find & set the correct resolution, please? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Have you tried the resolutions of 720x576 or 1024x576 ?

I don't consider myself an authority on this area thankfully not having to had make use of computer+s-video but I read elsewhere that those are the PAL resolutions and 1024x576 is the real 16:9 widescreen PAL resolution.

Other suggested resolutions I've seen banded about 848x480, 768x576, 720x480 might be worth a go.

As for the 100Hz refresh rate couldn't give any advice on that other than I don't think it is meant to apply in this scenario isnt PAL locked at 50Hz ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i think 720x480 is best for tv output.

Advertisement