Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the fancy 46a bus!

Options
  • 05-06-2006 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

i no this thread might seem ridiculous but has anyone noticed how the 46a bus looks so new and the interior is all clean and stuff , wheras nearly all the other dublin buses are in nearly m in bits?? just wondring if anyone else has noticed !! lol :rolleyes: :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Yes. This is because scum don't travel on this particular bus, therefore it is in good condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yes, it serves the D4 area and the likes so there'll only be a few people going into town for a few scoops on this bus and people who have these kinda conversations:
    http://www.overheardindublin.com/d4.php?resultpage=6&authorid=
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

anyone noticed how the 46a bus looks so new
    They are new! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

It's this make afaik without the middle doors.

B9TL2-small.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

DubGuy wrote:
    Yes. This is because scum don't travel on this particular bus, therefore it is in good condition.

bingo

there was a big huge tread bout this a while back, the 46a is the flagship route for dublin bus, probably the least vandalsied also, good thing its my local bus :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Does this mean that they will finally run to their schedule?! When I used to get that bus it tended to run every 45 minutes when it was meant to run every 25 minutes (afair).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I used to always get this bus... and it was about the worst service I ever came across where you wait an hour and 4 busses come at once...

And it isn't without it's share of gobshites... plenty of alcoholics on that bus.

I used to always get this bus... and it was about the worst service I ever came across where you wait an hour and 4 busses come at once...
    That too, and also there would be a 46a bus "out of service" trundling past way too often.

And is it just me or did the 46a drivers think they were Schumachers twin?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i get it at foxrock church and its always on time there, unless at peak times ie 8 am, but thats helped by the fact they have buses waiting at the stop so if theres a gap or alot of full buses they let one go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

DubGuy wrote:

WTF? Have you been to dun laoghaire at all lately?? What a skip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Personally I like the good ole 16/16a that runs by my place - only bus i've ever seen a junkie smoking heroin halfway up the bus :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Gordon wrote:
    Does this mean that they will finally run to their schedule?! When I used to get that bus it tended to run every 45 minutes when it was meant to run every 25 minutes (afair).
    Well that must have been in 1970 or something, as it runs anything form every 2 to 15 mins now and is the best service in the city bar none.

That was about 3 years ago on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I thought the 46a was a great service. Was never longer than 20mins waiting for one. Wouldn't have lasted in college without it.

They are the bigger, newer buses on that route but you did get a few scumbags on it smoking hash at 8 in the morning!:eek:

And it isn't without it's share of gobshites... plenty of alcoholics on that bus.
    Don't worry, most will get off at Wesley. ;) Pun not intended, but I'll leave it there anyway.
    cast_iron wrote:
    Well that must have been in 1970 or something, as it runs anything form every 2 to 15 mins now and is the best service in the city bar none.
    Actually 3-4 years ago I stood at Donnybrook Garda Station for 45+ minutes, none of the first 14 buses stopped. Only 3 had passengers.

It would appear there was a systematic screw-up with buses returning to garage for driver changes between 2-3pm, but no replacement bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

&#231 wrote: »
    Personally I like the good ole 16/16a that runs by my place - only bus i've ever seen a junkie smoking heroin halfway up the bus :rolleyes:
    I used to have to get the 16 every morning for a good few months at one stage... It is a very pleasent bus route.. but a bloody long one... I used to have to get it from Beaumont all the way out to Nutgrove.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Yeah I used to get it from Rathfarnham church over to Whitehall for work - not too bad. was just that one time :) was sitting beside a family as well, and it was 4pm :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

16a for the airport is a great service aswell if your on the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

but thats helped by the fact they have buses waiting at the stop so if theres a gap or alot of full buses they let one go from there.

Nice to hear how the other half live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

The 46a is nicely frequent I find, every 20 minutes at least, but it takes so bloody long to get anywhere (ie town), I tend to just wait for the 45 nowadays.
    The new buses are longer as well, they have an extra axle and more seats at the back. Pretty cool, I think, though the separate seat thing seems strange... where is the uncomfortable intimacy with complete strangers...

• Advertisement

The buses are VT models. There are 20 at the moment, carrying about 500,000 passengers per month.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/about_us/double_decks.asp

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=46a

Advertisement