Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

warrenty issues

• 05-06-2006 6:43pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok heres the deal, my w800 has died, ie the buttons aren't working properly at all, no damage done, it just doesnt work suddenly. i want to drop it in to a sony shop for repair.
    i got it as a gift, how to i go about returning it. i got it off my gf and i think her dad got it through work, do i have to go all the way back there to get proof of purchase or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭thenakedchef

ok heres the deal, my w800 has died, ie the buttons aren't working properly at all, no damage done, it just doesnt work suddenly. i want to drop it in to a sony shop for repair.
    i got it as a gift, how to i go about returning it. i got it off my gf and i think her dad got it through work, do i have to go all the way back there to get proof of purchase or what?
    Afaik you dont have to have a proof of purchase,its only a reasonably new phone so they will no its under warranty,secondly your best off send it to mprc in sandyford where they should fix it FOC assuming like you said no damage has been done to it bu if there has it will probably void the warranty
    Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I second MPRC, give them a ring with the IMEI and ask them if its under the warranty if you're not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

SE phones have the year/week of manufacture on them, when a service centre checks the date (giving a few extra weeks for distribution time etc.) they can determine if it is still in warranty... unless you have a receipt proving a date of purchase within the warranty period (usually 12 months)... Sigma Telecom's FoneFix [ www.fonefix.ie ] or MPRC [ www.mprc.ie ] should be able to help

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ah yes excellent, thanks, its bout 6 or 7 months old now tho, tho the website says its covered for 2 years so i think i'm ok

Advertisement