Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Sport

Options
  • 05-06-2006 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

Does taking part in a sport in college make life easier, making sure you hav the whole work/play thing balanced out.

At the begining of the year all the clubs and societies want you to sign up but do they really want you, for example would a college rugby team take a beginner or would they only take experieinced people?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

i can only talk for my club and my college WIT, i have run the surf club for the last 3 years and our club has both really good surfers tht compete at a very high level and people who have never surfed before.

Our club meets up at least once a week regardless of level or ability, we surf in Tramore, beginners are given foamys to use for free (soft surfboards) and the rest of the guys hit the big waves out the back, majority of the club are the beginners though.

In our club it works really well, the good surfers teach the beginners, everyone has a laugh and when we go away there is a big group of us and we surf, drink and have the craic, i definately think being part of this club has helped me.

I didnt no anyone in the college before i came here and i was in a very small class of 8 people, and now im in a new course/class and no 3 people from my club in it, it definately helps life and any club that does not help beginners and organise the beginners to be involved really should have there grant eliminated.

From my time in WIT i have also taken part in swimming club (not competitive but to learn/improve) kayaking and sailing and i have found this to be true with all these clubs.

Advertisement