Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management fee - How much?

Options
  • 05-06-2006 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Moving in half this weekend half next weekend. Just wondering how much the management fee is? We're in the Wood in a 2 bed terrace.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SPS

We paid €350 management fee when we closed last October and were told that would cover the year. Last week we got a letter from the MC which said we owed a further €90+ for what I don't know its not even listed, they won't be getting a cent more, reckon they're always on the fiddle. Has this happened to anyone else recently, we're in the court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

SPS wrote:
    We paid €350 management fee when we closed last October and were told that would cover the year. Last week we got a letter from the MC which said we owed a further €90+ for what I don't know its not even listed, they won't be getting a cent more, reckon they're always on the fiddle. Has this happened to anyone else recently, we're in the court
    The Court has a different MC to the Wood... Don't know off the top of my head what the fee is, but can check when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

I paid e550e when I moved in the court (1st phase) we only found out it had been reduced at the AGM so ive received nothing since. I Would definitely want a reason in writing for the increase.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

paying about €760 for a 4 bed in the park

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

SPS wrote:

SPS

I spoke to soon, arrived home to a bill for 350 last night for the 06 payment!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

I'm ringing the management company today to find out what the story is.

On top of that the state of the last Court is digracful. They used cheap gravel which is now everywhere, there's no landscaping, they just stuck a few trees down, and what the hell is the story with those railway sleepers in the middle of the green?:eek: :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

I got one of those bills too, says I owe a further €82 for 2006 but had credit of €352 from 2005 ????
    Agree with you on last phase of the court, there are trees planted there that havent even got leaves yet and look like scarecrows. The landscaping in the court next to us is spot on, why couldnt they just replicate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Johnc72 wrote:
    I'm ringing the management company today to find out what the story is.

On top of that the state of the last Court is digracful. They used cheap gravel which is now everywhere, there's no landscaping, they just stuck a few trees down, and what the hell is the story with those railway sleepers in the middle of the green?:eek: :confused: :mad:

Best of luck with the management company. I've asked on four separate occasions for a breakdown of the management fee. No answers from them. I wrote a letter to the main man in OFPM, handed him the letter in person, and haven't heard a word back. That was back on 13th April.
    Still no sign of the public lighting sitiation being completed in C CtII.

There's a phrase that springs to mind when I think of our Management Company.......three words, and the middle one's "of"......i think even thats ambiguous enough to avoid the censors table....however, we'll wait and see!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Manus

Living in court paid 350 .Have a friend living in Charlesland wood first phase, bed appt. is everybody sitting down .Went from 800 year one to 1200 year two, different mgt company though not sure who it is.Be warned:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Best of luck with the management company. I've asked on four separate occasions for a breakdown of the management fee. No answers from them. I wrote a letter to the main man in OFPM, handed him the letter in person, and haven't heard a word back. That was back on 13th April.
    mad:

I had a letter returned to me fromour property managers saying that the addressee had "Gone Away"
    WTF is going on?

• Advertisement

sorry for not getting back on to this sooner.

Fee for this year is about E588 for two bed terrace in the Wood. I took a look for the invoice, but couldn't find it, but I reckon that's roughly what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Management fees are calculated on the basis of the financial year i.e. Dec31st to Dec 31st.If you just bought then the first fee is a full annual charge and is included in the purchase price on closing .However if you closed for argument sake today :6/12 of this will be carried over for 07 so you will only be charged 6/12 next year the balance being credited to your account for next year.
    The reason everybody is differnt at the monent is the above.The Wood is now going in to its 2rd year full occupancy and fees will be charged for a full year in 07 to everybody there.Its 588 for a 2 bed and 605 for a 3 bed and from 1400 to 1600 for an apt/duplex depending on the footage. The court and later developments are somewhat higher.The increase in the Wood last year was 6% believe me in about 3 to four years they Probably will have increased twofold if the council don't take over the estate.This can't even be done until all developments are totally finished

Bertie,

How do we go about having the council take over, once the development is finished?

Well to be honest I don't actually know .The fact of the matter is that they don't want to as its more money and hassle for them. While we effectively go on paying what ammounts to rates.They are legally obliged to do so however they put it on the long finger.Roche blasted local Authorities about last year but didnt go anty further.Some estates are waiting for up to 10 years as the local authority dont want them. The Management companies do and the builders are just glad to be gone .I rerckon its up to us to start piling on the pressure.The last estate I lived on we drove the matter ourselves. It took 18 months and we succeeded. We kept the management company as we felt they were needed to maintain common areas and landscaping but at a fraction of the cost .They lost interest the following year -not enough money so we set up our own and contracted our own landscapers/Gardeners just as the management company did. They stayed in control of townhouses and Duplexes though. It was a simple legal procedure to terminate the covenant however every resident had to individually do so.The apts and duplexes will always have to pay management fees as they are not freehold but the houses are a different story.I'd actually go to Dick Roches clinic a nd speak to him he'd see the sense of it politically as if he was responsible for saving me 6 or 7 hundred a year he'd certainly get my no.1.Also I'd ring planning dept in W.C.C. I did already and they brushed me off saying soon.Now the management company would stay in place but fees would drop dramatically as W.C.C. would have to take over maintenance of lighting and elect. bills also seweres and drain maintenance and also road maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lyndan

silly question but whats the WCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Wicklow County Council?

Taoiseach hits out at planners over estate management companies

ADVERTISEMENT

LOCAL authorities were criticised in the Dail yesterday by Taoiseach Bertie Ahern for giving planning permission which permits management companies in residential housing areas.

Mr Ahern said there was no argument for putting management contracts into planning permissions so that local authorities could avoid taking over sites for maintenance purposes.

"The arrangements they are using in their planning permissions are highly unfair," he said.

Labour Leader Pat Rabbitte said management companies were customarily "a front for the developer" and many people did not know they would end up contractually wedded to a company for an excessive fee to deliver "often "illusory services".

Management companys.......Grrrrrr!
    Huge fees....Grrrrrrrr!

Cats.......Grrrrrrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

The Yipper wrote:
    Management companys.......Grrrrrr!
    Huge fees....Grrrrrrrr!

Cats.......Grrrrrrrrrr!
    Tell me about it...
    Im paying over 2k in the crescent but i plan on changing that at the AGM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 anony-mouse

2 grand? Thats ridiculous! what does this coevr? It would want to be really something. Its alot to expect and more than Ive ever heard of before.
    :o

• Advertisement

apparently...
    gardens,
    electricity,
    window cleaning,
    admin fees,
    cleaning of common areas.

the grass hasnt been cut in nearly a month, the windows are manky,
    the common areas are manky and all need repainting, its ridiculous!

Unfortunately Matt you wont be able to change a thing you are on leasehold.The Crescent is a relatively small development and fees tend to be higher for small developments your public liability insurance and block insurance would be very high as almost all block policies start at around €30000 that divided up between the number of apts already is significant.The waste collection would also be high as you probably use the large bins.As for gardening and grounds the upkeep all over Charlesland is not too hot.It seems its done in a burst then left for several weeks and done in a burst again .Electricity would be for stairs and entry halls as well as insurance for these anybody has an injury here youre all responsible also there would be a sizable chunk going into sinking fund -contingency fund ie if a tank burst in the roof space or there was roof damage etc this would be used.I dont agree with it but it seems about right for the size of the development the basic costs being spread over fewer apts.I can only compare to a friends place in Rathfarnam similar in size €2800 this year up from €1800 four years ago needless to say theyre selling but its off putting to potential buyers -another 2 months mortgage per annum.
    I'm afraid theres damn all you can do except buy a freehold house.Sorry bud

The majority of the people in the crescent have complained about it and during the AGM as far as i know there will be a motion to sack the management company as there admin and secretarial fees alone cost 17000 anually
    I will post up the break down of the fees over the weekend and you will see why it is a joke.
    The sinking fund is good, as for other funds relating to water tanks bursting etc etc, this is covered by builders insurance so a seperate policy is not warranted here.

I think the total in costs were something like 96k for the 48 odd apartments there im not sure but i will have to confirm.

Management fees suck, especially when the most that they pay for is for someone to cut the grass and take out the bins!

The tanks bursting pipes etc are not covered by the builders homebond only causes major structural faults ie subsidence.
    Also you will not have the power to sack the management company yet as the estate has not been signed off until that point under statutes you effectively have no power also you will need every one to vote you may find the weakness is that a few apts are owned by investors who don't care and wont show for a management meeting and that could spanner you.I sympathise I really do but you're up against it.€17000 sounds a bit daft for secretarial fees but you will under law have to have a management company on leasehold apartments otherwise you cant get insurance and then your bank or mortgage provider wont be too happy.

All you need to do is register the company name...
    it can be done with majority vote as well....

At the end of the day we own the apartments and we are paying,
    if enough people don't pay, they will have to do something

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

In relation to the Mgmt fees, what happens if one forgets to pay them.

You wont be able to sell the place down the line without a clearence cert from the management company they send you a solicitors letter and if you dont cough up at that stage can have a judgement issued against you which would really screw your credit ratings for six years.

Should you forget to pay the fees, it'd cause problems when you go to sell the house.
    HOWEVER, if you feel that the costs are too high, and you can justify paying less, then that's the way to go.
    There should be complete transparancy in the charges, and if this isn't the case, then you are well within your rights to stall on payment.

Oh their little ears must be burning with all the talk on this thread....woof!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The Yipper wrote:
    Oh their little ears must be burning with all the talk on this thread....woof!!:)

And unfortunately we know from experience that one of the management companies reads the threads here and takes legal action based on what's said :mad:

Anyone know if anything happened with that? (PS, be careful of what is said here, before this thread is moved to the wilderness as well - I still don't know where it was moved to!)

• Advertisement

eoin_s wrote:
    And unfortunately we know from experience that one of the management companies reads the threads here and takes legal action based on what's said :mad:

Well I think they're all just AMAZING!!
    Let's face it, they're just doing their jobs.......

:rolleyes:
    the contents of this post in no way reflects my own personal opinion

Advertisement