Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Ben & Jerry's flavour?

• 05-06-2006 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭

Mine is Half Baked, which is right pain in the a$$ for me as they seem to have discontinued it!! It was always a hard to find variety (only ever found it in Eurospar on Ballymun Road and Dunnes Food Hall in Stephen's Green SC) but now it seems to be gone completely :( For those of you unfortunate enough never to have experienced it, it's a mixture of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Cookie Dough (fudge brownie and cookie dough being the two best 'bits' in all B&J's ice-cream, and chocolate ice-cream being, well, the best ice-cream ever). All of B&J's chocolate ice-creams are bleedin orgasmic however!!
    So, what's everyone else's favourite?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Phish Food! Oh God it's so good, I need some now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mine's Half-Baked too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Fudge Brownie(with real hobo pieces).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Faith, are you able to find it anymore?? When I get a strong craving for it I nearly buy both Cookie Dough and Choc Fudge Brownie just to eat the two together...I think I'll do it and finish the lot too!! Still can't imagine it'd be as good as the 'real' one tho!!

No, I haven't seen it in Ireland in ages, actually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cookie dough definately. Carmel Sutra not too bad either though...! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

brownie fudge chocalate one...

my girlie loved the oat meal cookie chunk...but it was discontinued.

I didn't like Karamel Sutra. I find the caramel ones get too sickly. Same with Caramel Choo-Choo. My method of eating B&J's is to eat the entire tub at one sitting, on my own :D and for me the caramel ones are too sweet for that!! Now as for the chocolatey flavours, I could eat those eternally :D:D:D

Yeah, I don't like the caramel ones either. I did, however, ADORE the oatmeal one! I'd totally forgotten about it. Why did it die? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Mine is cherry garcia but, alas, it's been discontinued as far as l can tell. Tesco used to be the only place l could get it and they don't sell it anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Phish Food or Cookie dough - I can't decide so I'll have to have both!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sauce

For me it has to be Dublin Mudslide or Phish Food. The stuff is just too dam good. Why oh why cant it be healthy for you, so i could eat it all day long

Sauce, think about all the CALCIUM it must have, lol!!!

Does anyone else find that Tesco B&J's is just not right?? Well I have only ever bought 2 or 3 tubs from there because I stopped after that as every one of them seemed to be gone all icy or frosty for much of the top, so I assumed they all had. Has anyone else found this? It's full of ice crystals and you can't taste the ice-cream properly. Once you get maybe a third of the way down the tub it's ok again, but this just isn't good enough for moi :( Also if you look at the tubs in the ice-cream cabinet they are totally covered in ice. Is this something to do with the way Tesco stores them, or am I alone in this? Maybe I just had bad luck every time...

...really saddens me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Fudge brownie. Nyom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sauce

Does anyone else find that Tesco B&J's is just not right?? Well I have only ever bought 2 or 3 tubs from there because I stopped after that as every one of them seemed to be gone all icy or frosty for much of the top, so I assumed they all had. Has anyone else found this? It's full of ice crystals and you can't taste the ice-cream properly. Once you get maybe a third of the way down the tub it's ok again, but this just isn't good enough for moi :( Also if you look at the tubs in the ice-cream cabinet they are totally covered in ice. Is this something to do with the way Tesco stores them, or am I alone in this? Maybe I just had bad luck every time...

I have noticed this too in my Tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Cookie Dough! But my lady banned me from having it as I just ate all the chunks of dough and left the ice cream. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Aye this happens a good bit so iv noticed, what it is that they obviously have to stock the freezers with the tubs of ice cream and what-not so they have the frozen food on a trolly on the isle and it starts to thaw and melt while they moving stuff about etc. so once they actually get around to put it in the fridge it starts to freeze again and then the ice crystals form, making it all nasty.... I seen a bad case of this happening to a pizza where it must of been left out on the trolly for a good while, the sauce had become unfrozen and made the base of the pizza all mushey and soggy :eek: :( .I tend to stay away from frozen pizza's now ;)

CC

** forgot to say, i love chubby hubby,and the cinnamon cookie and the half-baked too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Fudge Brownie(with real hobo pieces).

No point even mentioning any others!

CombatCow wrote:
    Aye this happens a good bit so iv noticed, what it is that they obviously have to stock the freezers with the tubs of ice cream and what-not so they have the frozen food on a trolly on the isle and it starts to thaw and melt while they moving stuff about etc. so once they actually get around to put it in the fridge it starts to freeze again and then the ice crystals form, making it all nasty.... I seen a bad case of this happening to a pizza where it must of been left out on the trolly for a good while, the sauce had become unfrozen and made the base of the pizza all mushey and soggy :eek: :( .I tend to stay away from frozen pizza's now ;)

CC
    but why can other supermarkets manage to restock whilst keeping their precious ben & jerry's in tip-top condition?? Tesco, I shun you!!
    btw was your frozen pizza incident a purchased-in-Tesco frozen pizza?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Aye true, i dunno why tesco seem to fúck up in that sense. Yeah it was a goodfella's frozen pizza.In general iv seen it happen before with pizzas bought from other places too.

CC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

its the fact that most tesco customers stnad aroudn looking at teh stuff in teh freezers while holding the doors open.

fudge brownie ftw!

cookie dough and half baked suck balls, that stupid pretend cookie dough crap is sickening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

The best ever one is Chunky Monkey for me, but difficult to find. I

like the new Chocolate Therapy as well. If none of the two is available then Phish Food.

Wanna go and get some now... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

All Ben & Jerry is good. Once its good quality ice-cream I'll eat it.

I love the organic Ice-cream ya can get here in Tipperary too (made in Clonmel).... its gorgeous, especially the strawberry one........ yuummmm!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Dreamer 7

Definetly Caramel Chew Chew oohhh the way the choc blobs burst and liquid caramel bursts out. Its like the M&S adds they get me everytime! Organsmic chocolate! :)

DubDani I think Chunky Monkey is only available in Ireland in the single serving tubs, 150 mls I think, not in the pint tub. I don't know why, it's kinda strange

memphis what's dat ice cream? Is organic the brand name of it? never heard of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Chubby Hubby, but it's only available in the States and only available in the tubs (as opposed to in the B&J ice cream parlors). Fudge covered peanut butter filled pretzels in vanilla ice cream rippled with fudge and peanut butter. Sweet mother. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭trillianv

The Gnome wrote:
    Cookie Dough! But my lady banned me from having it as I just ate all the chunks of dough and left the ice cream. :(

LOL I do the exact same thing...but then the vanilla ice cream does not taste quite right or is it just me???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm quite fond of the Vanilla Caramel Fudge and if I cant get that then its gotta be Caramel Choo-Choo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

My absolute favourite is Dublin Mudslide, no question!:D Unfortunately as I start a diet tomorrow I shant be tasting it or anything else nice for a very long time!!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

do they still make one called 'berry n'ice'?? that was gorgus

Advertisement