Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Ben & Jerry's flavour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Full Vermonty all the way. TBH I'm much more of a haggen dazs man, I nearly prefer all of them to B&J. Strawberry Cheesecake - FTW!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Hagen Daz strawberry cheesecake is the best icecream by miles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Never had Haagen Daz strawberry cheesecake, but I had Ben & Jerry's Peace of Cake...wasnt THAT impressed i have to say. Then again, I am a chocaholic through and through. In my eyes it's an absolute waste to buy B&J's if you ain't gonna get a chocolate one, lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

choc ice cream tastes terrible. you gotta have vanilla with some chocolate feature, like caramel chew chew or cookie dough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Is it cheap anywhere at the moment. I eat 2+ tubs/week if it's on offer. Only one otherwise. Usually phish food/caramel choo choo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

caramel chew/choo chew/choo all the way. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Phish Food!
    But i always feel a little ill afterwards. But the good kind of ill, the "I ate way too much chocolate/marshmallows/caramel" ill. Yay!

Phish Food!
    But i always feel a little ill afterwards. But the good kind of ill, the "I ate way too much chocolate/marshmallows/caramel" ill. Yay!
    i LOVE that kind of ill!!! ben and jerry's chocolate ill is the BEST, makes me smile :) ...happens too often tho, oooops....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I love Peace Of Cake, the strawberry cheesecake one. God yes.
    Phish Food is also up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Definitely Phish Food, oh so yummy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Was mad for Caramel Chew Chew but now I am onto Chocolate Fudge Brownie (makes my eyes go all weird!)

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I know, I know... I probably should say Chunky Monkey... but favourite is actually Cherry Garcia.

My local UCI still does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Cherry Garcia although it's very hard to find these days. I used to eat Cherry Garcia in the states, they had 2 versions, the normal made with cream ice-cream and frozen yoghurt. I always had the Frozen Yoghurt which is a lot healthier for you and it tasted better too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 DrP

Gotta be Cherry Garcia. Luckily I have no problem finding it here in Switzerland, although I know my sister has been complaining she can't find it anywhere back home.

However there seems to be a good solution to that problem: I just got "Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book" on amazon.co.uk. Recipes in there for many of the favourites, and if you have an ice cream maker they seem easy to make - much easier than any of the ice creams I have tried before. If you don't have an ice cream maker I am sure you can still make them - it's just alot more time consuming.

So I guess for all of you who really want a taste of those ice creams that are no longer available or hard to get then it's time to get mixing and freezing ;)

weird....have you made any yet and do they taste exactly like Ben & Jerry's versions? I'd imagine they wouldn't??!!??!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Caramel Sutra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I wanted to resurrect this instead of starting a new thread.

I love the gooey ones- Vanilla Caramel Fudge, Karamel Sutra and Dublin Mudslide being my favourites.

The reason I wanted to bring this thread to the top now though is a new flavour I found last week- I think it was called Vanilla Toffee Crunch. It was like really rich vanilla ice-cream with chunks of Dime bar in it. Has anyone else seen it? It's fantastic.

yeah they brought it out around Christmas in tubs with 50% extra free...it was real nice. Still not a patch on the chocolatey icecream ones though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I like Black and Tan personally

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Sauce wrote:
    For me it has to be Dublin Mudslide or Phish Food. The stuff is just too dam good. Why oh why cant it be healthy for you, so i could eat it all day long

Snap!!

In Leicester square in London they have a Hagan Dazs and Ben and Jerrys shop beside each other!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

can you get tubes of cookie dough anywhere (dont even know if they exist but i saw one on tv before..), because as half bake was THE nicest B&J flavour, mayb you could just get B&J choc fudge brownie and add some cookie dough?..

ooo i want some :o

PlayGirl wrote:
    half baked was THE nicest B&J flavour
    agreed times 100 and more
    so sad it's gone!! :'(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ok post deleted as I didn't realise I'd already answered it last July :o Oops... LOL..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

Berry N'ice, Piece of Cake, and Caramel Choo Choo

Cherry Garcia is still out there AFAIK, ive seen it loads?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

plain old vanilla or cookie dough for me all the way!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

tried chocolate fudge brownie last night and its deffo my new favourite!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Cookie Dough FTW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dutz

phish food all the way especially sitting in the flicks with your tub of popcorn aswell..... wooooooo

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,322 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cherry Garcia, but as I haven't been able to track any down in ages Phish food more than suffices.

However, THE greatest flavour I ever had was in a scoop shop in Boston. It was called Jerry's Jubilee and was cherry ice cream & chocolate ice cream mixed with cherries, fudge flakes & chunks of brownies. I think they discontinued it, which is an absolute shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,557 ✭✭✭✭fits

Another vote for Cherry garcia here... but I havent had it in years as cant find it anywhere.

Advertisement