Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Ben & Jerry's flavour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I used to love New York Super Fudge Chunk (I think that's what it was called?) - it was chocolate icecream with nuts in it, and I can't remember what else but it was good. Haven't seen it in ages actually. Saw it in a Spar about a year ago in the mini tub version.

I used to love Half Baked as well, but haven't seen it in ages. I did go off it for a while though and went onto Cookie Dough. Cookie Dough with a Cadburys flake crushed on top is just amazing!! Damn lent and not being able to eat chocolate til Easter Sunday :( Oh how I miss thee Ben & Jerry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

fits wrote:
    Another vote for Cherry garcia here... but I havent had it in years as cant find it anywhere.
    Ditto and can never find it either in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ballroom blitz

Half baked all the way I've never seen it in Ireland though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Half baked all the way I've never seen it in Ireland though.
    completely. They used to sell it a couple of years ago....then it began to get rarer......i was so upset when I began to realise I would never see it again...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I don't understand why you think they've discontinued it? I've seen it in loads of places...

According to this, it's still on the market, just not in Frozen Yoghurt form.

• Advertisement

Because that list is an international one. It's only if one has been discontinued COMPLETELY that it's listed in the flavour graveyard. Half Baked is still widely available in the US and probably elsewhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Anyone try this new one, Bohemian Raspberry? Ad campaign is cute...
    Does it taste any good??

bohemian-raspberry.gif

Sounds yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Anyone try this new one, Bohemian Raspberry? Ad campaign is cute...
    Does it taste any good??

bohemian-raspberry.gif
    had it yesterday.
    im not a huge icecream fan
    it was.. different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The cinema on parnell st. has cherry garcia in mini serving tubs, l nearly cried when l saw it, the best 3.20 I've spent in years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Mine is Mint Choc Chip. Used to get it over in America but can't seem to find it on this Emerald Isle at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

Phish Food gets my vote...Mmmmmm Marshmallowy mmmm

Karamel Sutra is good too,
    and i have a tub of the Bohemian Raspberry in the freezer, havent tried it yet tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭tc20

To update my previous post....

Have to say i was dissapointed with Bohemian Raspberry :(
    Sounded good, choc brownies and raspberries being a particular fave of mine, but the sum did'nt add up to the parts..
    Im not saying you can ever have bad B&J (or bad BJs for that matter ;) )
    but to me it seemed more like a Haagen Dazz, didnt have the 'body' of other B&J concoctions..

Is it just me or do you find your local Xtravision has a wider stock range than the local Tescos? Our local video, sorry dvd shop, has at least 8 different flavours, Tescos only five, each of which nearly always seem to be out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Chunky Monkey (can't seem to find it anywhere though).
    Vanilla

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Choc. Fudge Brownie :)

tc20 wrote:

Sounded good, choc brownies and raspberries being a particular fave of mine, but the sum did'nt add up to the parts..
    but to me it seemed more like a Haagen Dazz, didnt have the 'body' of other B&J concoctions..

Hmm, I have a tub in the freezer that I'm saving for later in the week when the stress is about to kill me. I'm looking forward to it, and will give a full report!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I thought Bohemian Raspberry was great :D

It's easier to eat a lot of it in one go, unlike Chocolate brownie fudge which is so rich, it makes it hard to do this.....

Dunno if you think thats a good or bad thing!

I'm eating 'Piece of Cake' now, cause I picked it up somehow by accident :eek: when I meant to get Bohemian Raspberry. :p

tc20 wrote:

I have to agree with this. I felt all the elements just didn't mix together properly. I think the raspberry needed to be a bit more tart to offset the sweetness of the chocolate and vanilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I do love the random Ben n Jerrys sorbets you can get in cinemas over the counter, but for goodness in a tub I'd have to go for an aul Dublin Mudslide. It's just so fantastically messy, all the goodness just mashed up together. The brownie is just right, not too much of an alcohol taste yet it is present so it's just mmmm good. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's a big Ben & Jerry's counter in Cineworld now.

• Advertisement

I do love the random Ben n Jerrys sorbets you can get in cinemas over the counter, but for goodness in a tub I'd have to go for an aul Dublin Mudslide. It's just so fantastically messy, all the goodness just mashed up together. The brownie is just right, not too much of an alcohol taste yet it is present so it's just mmmm good. :)
    it's not brownie in Dublin Mudslide, it's double chocolate chip cookies.....mmmmm :)

Also, a B&J counter in Cineworld?????!!!!!! Feck it!! Now ya tell me and I won't be able to go for over 3 months :(

emeraldstar, you'll be in the US. Where B&J's is sold in tubs twice the size at half the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The new counter in cineworld has cherry garcia, unfortunately it was out of stock last night apart from the mini tubs but I'm definitely get a large all cherry garcia serving next time I'm there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

They have a new one in England - Glastonberry.
    Haven't tried it, but it's the best name since Cherry Garcia.

Faith wrote:
    emeraldstar, you'll be in the US. Where B&J's is sold in tubs twice the size at half the price!
    you make a very good point :D

blisterman, Glastonberry is Bohemian Raspberry!

No, it's not. I got Bohemian Raspberry in Scotland...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

I've just had Bohemian Raspberry and I thought it was really good. Chocolate Fudge Brownie is still number 1 though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 botvot

Bohemian one okay, but I thought it might be a little chocier...well, good guess that my favourite is Chocolate Therapy, hmmm. My Tesco is all out of B&J, and that after they sent me a half price B&J voucher...how stupid.

Faith wrote:
    No, it's not. I got Bohemian Raspberry in Scotland...
    um, yea, pretty sure it is... Compare:

http://www.benjerry.co.uk/ouricecream/bohemian-raspberry.php

http://www.benjerry.co.uk/glastonberrytub/

...vanilla ice cream with fudge brownies and raspberry swirls.

• Advertisement

Oh you're right, it is! They must sell both or something!

Advertisement