Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite Ben & Jerry's flavour?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Yea, it's kinda weird, but i think they are no longer selling it as Glastonberry and BR is replacing it. If you go to the current B&J UK website Glastonberry's not listed in the flavour list anymore (the link i gave above was an older one i think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Hmm, I thought glastonberry was new.
    I saw it a few weeks ago for sale for the first time.

Funny how the pictures on their website, show the tubs full with ice cream packed way over the rim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

rainglow wrote:
    Chubby Hubby, but it's only available in the States and only available in the tubs (as opposed to in the B&J ice cream parlors). Fudge covered peanut butter filled pretzels in vanilla ice cream rippled with fudge and peanut butter. Sweet mother. :D

I think i just came....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Anti wrote:
    I think i just came....
    eeeheeewww...that's bringin a whole other meaning to the 'vanilla ice cream' part..... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,520 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI, all B&J is now only €3.99 in Superquinn at the moment!
    (Well it was in Limerick yesterday, anyway....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

rainglow wrote:
    Chubby Hubby, but it's only available in the States and only available in the tubs (as opposed to in the B&J ice cream parlors). Fudge covered peanut butter filled pretzels in vanilla ice cream rippled with fudge and peanut butter. Sweet mother. :D

I just drooled on my brother's laptop. DAMN YOU!!

Phish food. Although has anyone else noticed the volume of caramel in it has decreased? :(

Failing that, Chocolate Therapy or Chocolate Fudge Brownie.

Get one of the Cineworld Core Sundaes - B&J icecream, a core of caramel, topped with cream and your choice of sprinkles (including mini-malteasers!!!). Oh yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i used to eat chocolate fudge brownie ben and jerrys a lot,but i was reading the label and it says something like its made by hobos or something like that,i went straight off it then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

cherry garcia for me, seem to have stopped selling it in tubs now though, B&J is still €5.5 in the superquinn in Ashtown Dublin :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How big is that tub? The normal one is 5.80-6.00 in tesco/dunnes etc. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

emm, i think they are 500mL (the tall ones) , it was mentioned above that superquinn in Limerick has em for only €3.99

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oooh, Maybe a road trip is in order. :)
    I like when supermarkets have half price deals on B&Js, oh yeahh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,520 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My Superquinn post was at the start of June folks... they're definitely back to normal price by now!

Ah right, thought he meant permanantly. It goes down to 3 in tesco/dunnes sometimes, which is always nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OMG, mine is definitely Choc Fudge Brownie... *drool*

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

the chocolate therapy one is so good.

Bohemian Raspberry a very close second....

then it'd have to be phish food, for the marshmallow,caramel combination.nice:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,322 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just had Bohemian Raspberry for the first time. Me like. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Goin on offer at €3.99 in centra from next sunday 30 july. Happy days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Cookie Dough!! i have to say im a bit boring on that front...ya know when you just find something and kinda stick with it? ...i should try more.... theres one with Marshmallow or something in it isn't there?? i dont like the sound of that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Oh I love Phish Food.

Cannot get B&J in Melbourne at all - heartbreaking stuff.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,322 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just thought people might like to know that Dunnes in Cornelscourt (and presumably elsewhere) currently have Ben & Jerry's for only €3.95. Picked up a tub of Vanilla Toffee Crunch, which I've never seen before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Caramel chew chew ftw!!!

Im having some right now :D

caramelchewchewmm8.jpg

Yes i know there is alot of crap on my desk :D

Btw dunnes in limerick have them for 3.85 or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Sauce, think about all the CALCIUM it must have, lol!!!

Does anyone else find that Tesco B&J's is just not right?? Well I have only ever bought 2 or 3 tubs from there because I stopped after that as every one of them seemed to be gone all icy or frosty for much of the top, so I assumed they all had. Has anyone else found this? It's full of ice crystals and you can't taste the ice-cream properly. Once you get maybe a third of the way down the tub it's ok again, but this just isn't good enough for moi :( Also if you look at the tubs in the ice-cream cabinet they are totally covered in ice. Is this something to do with the way Tesco stores them, or am I alone in this? Maybe I just had bad luck every time...

...really saddens me :(
    yeah same here! It's odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Same here on the tesco thing. Always completely covered in ice and nasty to eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Never noticed that myself, they must take their time packing them into the freezer so they melt before there frozen again. :eek:

CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

chocolate fudge brownie mix

OMFG its like sex........... with ice cream:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Today I was in the Sainsbury in Newry and they had 5 new flavours. According to the description on them they should be for the UK and Irish Market:

- Chunky Monkey (has been available for a long time, but not in 500ml tubs over here)

- One Cheesecake Brownie (Cheesecake Ice Cream with Cheesecake Brownie Chunks)

- Baked Alaska (Vanilla Ice Cream with Fudge and White chocolate polar bears)

- Jamaican Me Crazy - Chunky Pineapple sorbet with a passion fruit swirl

- Mango Berry Swirl - Mango Sorbet with a red berry fruit swirl

Have tried the Baked Alaska, and it is very nice. Have also the Mango Sorbet, but not tested yet.

They are currently priced at 2.68 GBP, which works out at around 4 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Tetra

Had some Baked Alaska for the first time last night and it was really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bunnywabbit*

Cookie Dough :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Anyone know if they sell Cherry Garcia in the big tubs any where in Dublin?? I've been looking for ages but can't seem to find it and I want some so badly!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

Cookie Dough :D

LOL what kind?

Advertisement