Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish paper 2 - higher level

Options
  • 05-06-2006 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

Does any1 else find it sooo hard to learn for irish paper 2! theres far too much! :( what pros and honours poems do people think might cum up? I rele hope clare sa speir and fiche blian ag fas cum up :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i havnt a CLUE
    which one is fiche blian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

emm the one where the 2 boys get drunk in the pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Pez wrote:
    emm the one where the 2 boys get drunk in the pub?
    Sin é

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

I think cearbhach will definateyl come up and either or fiche blian or lig si i gcathu. For stair after last years surprise i think we can expect fiannaiocht or ruraiocht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Disaster of a course it is. Stair na Gaeilge is the bane of my existence. Irish short stories are so crap. Imagine An Cearrbhach Mac Cába in English, a toddler would be scolded for writing it, rightly so. And don't get me started on Lig Sinn i gCathú.

Why oh why are there so many poems? And so few marks for them? What, tell me, is the point of analysing poems that 99% of the student population could never understand without the notes in the book, meaning that a similar percentage will simply rely on learning off those notes for their answers. And, again, Stair na Gaeilge - it sounds like such a good idea, but it really really isn't. The An Triail question is the only part of that paper with any worth.

Clare sa Spéir, Holy Jesus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Are we actually expected to understand every ****ing line in those poems for the usual 9marker where they ask you to explain on the of the lines?!?! It's nuts! :eek:

I'm thinking (and hoping) Cearrbach (I can't even spell it - thankfully it's written on the paper ;)) and Fiche Blian will come up. Lig Sinn... most be the most pointless thing I've ever come across. Bimse Buan I'm thinking too...

And as for Stair :confused: What a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

the funniest is the idea of a question on Clare sa Spéir about the film techniques... ahahahaaa...

our teacher photocopied a sheet that the Dept. sent out on "possible" questions on it.. including ones about the camera angles, shots used etc..

ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

im rootin for Jack in the 1st poetry bit. its such a funny poem.. tehehee.

Oiche Nollag na mBan, or Dan do Mhelissa would be cool for the other question. hhmmm

Rockerette wrote:
    the funniest is the idea of a question on Clare sa Spéir about the film techniques... ahahahaaa...

our teacher photocopied a sheet that the Dept. sent out on "possible" questions on it.. including ones about the camera angles, shots used etc..

ahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

im rootin for Jack in the 1st poetry bit. its such a funny poem.. tehehee.

Oiche Nollag na mBan, or Dan do Mhelissa would be cool for the other question. hhmmm

Do we actually have to know all that film stuff :eek: I thought it was just ****e, so skipped over it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Disaster of a course it is. Stair na Gaeilge is the bane of my existence. Irish short stories are so crap. Imagine An Cearrbhach Mac Cába in English, a toddler would be scolded for writing it, rightly so. And don't get me started on Lig Sinn i gCathú.

Heh, the prescribed Short Stories are crap, but we do Scothscáalta in our school(most schools don't cos the Irish is hard, but if the Irish is easy is most likely gonna be a crappy story) and some stories are quite interesting. Some are unbelievably crap, but there are a few that I like. They're much better than the likes of Cearrbhach and Fiche Bliain.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Minimise the learning, learn what's guaranteed to come up, and waffle the rest of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

but nothing's gauranteed to cum up.. there shud b at least 1 certainty!:(

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Heh, the prescribed Short Stories are crap, but we do Scothscáalta in our school(most schools don't cos the Irish is hard, but if the Irish is easy is most likely gonna be a crappy story) and some stories are quite interesting. Some are unbelievably crap, but there are a few that I like. They're much better than the likes of Cearrbhach and Fiche Bliain.

We did Scothscealta too, but you do realise you've to do both them and the one's in the book, right?

Advertisement