Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Trees

Options
  • 05-06-2006 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi

What to get some trees to give screening from the neighbours and keep the dogs & kids in the garden. I have about 203meters of boundry to fill. Went to a garden centre today and he quote me 40E for a western red cedar of about 4-5ft high and 98E for a western red cedar that would be 7-8ft high. We want the trees this high to give an instant effect. to us this seem very expensive as you talking over 8K for our order and that does not included planting them. We want trees that are very low maintainece ( trim once a year ) and that will give us a good screening. Any one any feedback or ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It would help if you posted your location - so other boardies can recommend outlets in your general area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Hill Billy wrote:
    It would help if you posted your location - so other boardies can recommend outlets in your general area.
    That's a good point. However, I am also intersted in picking up some trees, not so much for screening though, moreso cause I like em. I'd like to pick up a Cherry blossom tree specifically. Nothing quite like them in March/April/May.

I'm in Dublin - so there's a start for answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pitstop

While they are miles away, they deliver and I found them VERY reasonable.

We have a 2.5 acre site and they planted 400 trees of different variety - great job. They do everything up to 30ft trees.

Future forests - they have a good web site as well. It's either futureforests.com or .net (and might be without an "s" at the end!)

No connection to them BTW.

Kind regards

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 quadsie

http://www.futureforests.net/menu.htm
    I've used them and their trees are healthy and the selection,price,delivery are fine.
    Consider planting bareroot in Winter. Also consider planting slightly smaller than you would have expected , as often the younger tree will catch the older (read dearer) as time passes. N.B. even a yew, considered slow growing, can make a fine show of itself in a few years.
    Preparation and aftercare will make a big difference.

Advertisement