Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway tattoo shops

Options
  • 06-06-2006 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hiya.

I have been reading these boards for a while. Lots of good info!

But just wondering which place in Galway is actually better? Metalwork’s or Irish Ink?

I have already got three tattoos from Metalwork’s. But a few weeks ago I was going getting another one but MetalWork's was full for the day, anyhow I went on in Irish Ink to see what I thought of the place (was afraid they would freak me out or intimidate me :o ) anyhow I did think they were sound. They did however tell me the tattoos I have are not done to well... and they would do a better job... I don’t know which to go to now! Was thinking of trying Irish ink? I have seen there name pop up more often then metal works anyhow....

Also, I would like to get more added to one of my tattoos, its just a star outline. I have seen some nice designs on the internet but would rather some thing different, if I asked would they think of some designs for me? Like if I explained what kind of idea I would like?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

idunno78 wrote:
    Hiya.

I have been reading these boards for a while. Lots of good info!

But just wondering which place in Galway is actually better? Metalwork’s or Irish Ink?

I have already got three tattoos from Metalwork’s. But a few weeks ago I was going getting another one but MetalWork's was full for the day, anyhow I went on in Irish Ink to see what I thought of the place (was afraid they would freak me out or intimidate me :o ) anyhow I did think they were sound. They did however tell me the tattoos I have are not done too well... and they would do a better job... I don’t know which to go to now! Was thinking of trying Irish ink? I have seen there name pop up more often then metal works anyhow....

Also, I would like to get more added to one of my tattoos, its just a star outline. I have seen some nice designs on the internet but would rather some thing different, if I asked would they think of some designs for me? Like if I explained what kind of idea I would like?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Shops bitch about each other all the time, did you ask them where you got them first or did you tell them where you got them after you were told they were not well done?
    They always want each others business, ask a mate who knows tattoos or put them up here and let us have a look at them and we can tell you if they are badly done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Ronan specifically in Irish Ink is sound, reasonable and a great artist... but stay the hell away from the French guy (owner) he's very unprofessional, will over charge and is a terrible artist...

My advice.... splash the cash on going to Dublin and head to Zulu or Classic ink in Temple Bar.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 199 ✭✭fun bus

im in galway myself and much prefer to take the time to go to dublin. i have never heard anything bad about irish ink, but im a big fan of snakebite on middle abbey street in dublin. have had tattoos done there myself, as well as reccommending it to four friends here in galway who were extremely impressed with it also

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I actually can’t remember whether I told them first where they were done or not? But I understand that they would be trying to get each otheres business of each other! I will post up pic up here and ye can judge for your selves and let me know!! Not have any friends into tattoos! there nothing spectulare compared to some of yers tho! But i like them!

I would prefer to get it done in Galway to be honest because it would be easier for me... There is a fella in ballina to I think does anyone know anything about him?

there not the best pictures. i have a few more but the camera is broke! will try get them up another time!! give your honest opinions, i can take the bad things to!! have a heart on my hip to! the next one i want to get is a ankh on the back of my neck.., its so true they are addictive!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

idunno78 wrote:
    there not the best pictures. i have a few more but the camera is broke! will try get them up another time!! give your honest opinions, i can take the bad things to!! have a heart on my hip to! the next one i want to get is a ankh on the back of my neck.., its so true they are addictive!!

They're very non technical tattoo's that don't require a high level of skill. Have you got anything more complicated?

I think the first star could be resized a fair bit better

I cant really see the linework on the second one it is too blurred.
    The first, for what it is, is not very well executed, the lines (it may be the angle but I doubt it) are varying in thicknesses, and the points of the stars are blunt, not all the points though, any "fool" should be able to tattoo that one with even linework except the most incompetent.

I'd go with their advice and change studios.

this is a better picture of my back. its the best i can do by my self!

my tattoos are not very complicated as thats not the sorta thing i am into. I prefer simple designs. tho i am hoping to get more added to the star on my back but not sure yet what i want so therefore am waiting. anyhow hope that pic is better! camera is ****ed now so thats all i got of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

idunno78 wrote:

my tattoos are not very complicated as thats not the sorta thing i am into. I prefer simple designs. tho i am hoping to get more added to the star on my back but not sure yet what i want so therefore am waiting. anyhow hope that pic is better! camera is ****ed now so thats all i got of them!

I think you should change studios!

idunno78 wrote:

That only reinforces what I thought, the saving grace is the simplicity of the design, but everything that could go wrong with that one did, more or less. It's not dreadful but only because of it's simplicity, so dont feel bad about it. Technically though it's a bit of a disaster so that shop was right.

I'd change shops.
    I'd be more interested in getting a better shot of the wrist tattoo to see if the same things are wrong with it.

• Advertisement

thanks for yer honesty. i will try get a better pic of the one on my wrist! prob wont be til tomom or something thing tho! i can see myself that its not great a smaller needle should prob have been used, if there is such a thing as a smaller needle. to be honest i dont know to much about tattoos, so thats y i posted up here!

idunno78 wrote:
    thanks for yer honesty. i will try get a better pic of the one on my wrist! prob wont be til tomom or something thing tho! i can see myself that its not great a smaller needle should prob have been used, if there is such a thing as a smaller needle. to be honest i dont know to much about tattoos, so thats y i posted up here!

Well actually if the needle that was used had been used correctly there wouldn't be any problem.
    Look at the points of the stars, how many of them are sharp and how many are blunt? They should all be sharp, also have a look at the straightness and the thickness of the lines, it is not consistent.

im sure its fixable tho right> like its not that much of a tattoo!? i will just wiat and get it done when i gettin the rest added whenever that might be i sure i can wait. the one on my wrist im no expert but i doubt that could be fixed as it so small?

idunno78 wrote:
    im sure its fixable tho right> like its not that much of a tattoo!? i will just wiat and get it done when i gettin the rest added whenever that might be i sure i can wait. the one on my wrist im no expert but i doubt that could be fixed as it so small?

It would be easily fixable by going over it again and evening out the lines and the points.
    For such a simple thing it is bad, but like I said the simplicity saves it from being a candidate for laser surgery.
    There's no way I'd post it on some of the sites I go to for an appraisal though, it'd be ripped to shreds.

well compared to some of the tattoos on here i have seen i want in two minds wheter to post it up or not! but yea seen as it is such a simple tattoo it should not have been messed up that does not say much for the artist that did it... wont go to him again!!
    Thanks for yer help and thoughts!!

Emma

new pic of wrist for those that were askin.. blub i think?

Again it's somsthing pretty simple, change shops and post back with the work the new place do for you and see if you see any difference yourself

Advertisement