Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video capture software

• 06-06-2006 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Can anyone recommend a software package, maybe free that i can just plug in my dig video camera and capture footage. Its a JVC and the JVC software is vry poor. The windows video software on xp doesnt seem to import my hardware. Any advice...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭quazzy

gillmc wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a software package, maybe free that i can just plug in my dig video camera and capture footage. Its a JVC and the JVC software is vry poor. The windows video software on xp doesnt seem to import my hardware. Any advice...

Can't recommend, cause I don't have Video Camera so try the Google option below.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=free+video+capture+software&meta=

Good luck

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What model is the camera ? Does it have a Firewire connection - sometimes called iLink or DV output. Or is it an analogue camera through a video capture device ?

Most "Digital Video Editing" kits sold in the likes of PC World etc include a firewire card and an editing package of some description, some DVD-R drives for PCs come with them, check yours !

This is a popular package and works well for most requirements. A cut down version is usually supplied with cards like this. Difficult to get anything on the Windows platform for free that could be recommended.

[pimping] Have you considered a Mac [/pimping];)

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gillmc

zen thanks for the help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

you could also try avid free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A free version of AVID ??! Is it time limited or have any restrictions applied to it ? Always wanted to try it to see what all the fuss was about. I prefer Final Cut Pro myself.

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

ZENER wrote:
    A free version of AVID ??! Is it time limited or have any restrictions applied to it ? Always wanted to try it to see what all the fuss was about. I prefer Final Cut Pro myself.

ZEN

never got a chance to use it myself: http://www.avid.com/freedv/

Advertisement