Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

666? Was Ronald Reagan the Anti-Christ?

• 06-06-2006 4:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

666? Was Ronald Reagan the Anti-Christ?

In the early to mid 1980's well before Ronald Reagan retired as US president, there was a rumour going around after the first Omen film that he was the re-incarnation of Satan - "the great hoofed one".

It started because of his real name - Ronald Robert Reagan, was a collection of three lots of 6 letters, indicating a link to 666. Listed in his 1991 biography "An American Life", he was taunted in his early teens by his peers because of the reference to 666 in his name, later changing it to Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Also each letter at the start of each of his names began with the letter "R" which is the 18th letter of the alphabet and therefore the sum of three 6's.

It was prophecised in the book of revelations, that the beast, bearing the seal of six hundred, three score and six, would head a world super power, and later bring damnation to all of mankind in the time after "one score centuries" from the coming of Christ, (after the end of the 20th century).

Upon retirement from his presidency in 1989, Ronald, often confused with the McDonald's clown, but far, far more sinister, was in the newspapers when he moved into a house in Bel-Air which had the number 666, which he swiftly changed to 668 with discussions with neighbours and the US Postal Service, but a report of this leaked out to TV and newspapers.

During office he quickly set about the build up of nuclear arms and instead of containment of the USSR he adopted confrontation with strong anti-communist views and was once caught off camera joking about nuking the USSR - "we begin bombing in 5 minutes", but he always dodged the many scandals during his office and was called "The Teflon President".

The Californian Punk band Suicidal Tendencies, were visited by Ronald's secret services in 1983 after releasing a song called "I shot the Devil" (about Ronnie) and were banned from playing in Los Angeles until 1991 or releasing albums for 4 years because of criticism of the supposed Prince of Darkness.

So was Ronald in league with an army of demons or was he just an ex-cowboy actor turned president, or was his destiny to allow for 666 days after his death in 2004 to emerge from his grave and unite with Maggie Thatcher as his foot soldier once more and plan untold punishment to mankind?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Numbers have been used here to establish a Reagan link to 666, but numerology was not used. Like why not? Although I do not believe in numerology, as kids for fun we used to calculate our names using their numbering system. If I did it right, Ronald = 28 or 1; Robert = 33 or 6; and Reagan = 28 or 1. The base numerological numbers of his three names are 1, 6, 1 not 666. If you sum his name, 1 + 6 + 1 = 8. Now if memory serves me right, in numerology an 8 name is godly, but does not imply its opposite or anti-Christ. "One" base numbers are for independent persons, and 6 was thought to be creative.

Like there are a lot of other things that numerology tries to interpret with numbers (birthdates, deaths, etc.), but if we try to keep this simple, and just use his three names, we've got a doubly independent person, who is creative, and godlike. Sound like someone who might occupy the most powerful office in the world? I never thought of Reagan as creative, but he was an actor (Although not the best actor, he did fool everyone into thinking he was a president).

Oh, if you use today's date 06-06-06, you have to conveniently forget the two thousand years in 2006.

A final observation, one of the apartments in our student complex has the address 666, and they are not h*ll raisers like the rest of us.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

I don't know about all that numerousology and astrology, but it all seems to add up to 666 with old Ronnie boy, keeping the figures clean and simple.

If there are other odd ways of getting more 666's out of old Ronnie, I could quote them but they could be seen as a dodgey attempt to elaborate on the basic facts with his name, his retirement address, the pole position he had for world destruction and his keeness at the time to fight the commies if it meant all out nuclear war.

For example if you got his birth date and said right, 6th of February 1911 wheres the 666 in that, I'm sure you could rustle up a 666, somehow.

Well there's a 6 to start off with, and.. err.. February has 8 letters and it is the 2nd month, so using your numerousology, take 2 from 8 and you have the second 6. Right 1911 ? Using Carol Vorderman's approach off countdown it would be.. get the 9 in 1911, and take away the three 1's equals 6 ! There ye have it 666.

Also take some figures around his time getting into the number one job and finger on the nuke button. He was 33rd governor of California, so thats easy to add the two 3's to make 6, and he became president at the age of 69, well there's another couple of 6's. (The nine is a satanic 6 - upside down!)

Apparenty during the 1980's masses of punk bands wrote reams of anti-ronnie songs, maybe a satanic catalogue of over 50 or more real angry protest hardcore punk tracks against 'ole Ron. Thats alot of angry stuff for a possible Bielzibub type end of world beast, including bands like U2, Dead Kennedies and a major list of punk bands. So he was seen as a rotter.

I don't know about using the other ancient and divine systems of counting, say the oldest (5,000 year old) I-Ching from China, that is based on 6 hexagrams. If you get 3 lots of 6 with the I-Ching to start a hexagram and another load to finish it off, you are correct Blue you get double the amount of "The Receptive" and the creative, however, when this applies to human affairs, the prince and minister is mentioned in this I-Ching book, so is this the Prince - of darkness and his Minister of mayhem?

It says of the 6 lines:

"Six at the beginning means when there is hoarfrost underfoot, solid ice is not far off". Probably warning of nuclear winter and keeping Ronnie away from the nukes.

Six in the second place means; straight, square, great, without purpose yet nothing remains unfurthered. The book is waffling at this point, something about geometry.

Six in the third place means; Hidden lines, if by chance you are in service of a king, seek not works, but bring to completion. This is probably referring to Lucifer ready to mount his final completion of Armageddon.

After this the hexagram reading goes all dark and sinister and says the time is dangerous, yellow is the colour of the earth (barren desert)... a struggle ensues ... The Dragon symbol of heaven, comes to fight the False Dragon ... and mentions blood flowing and an unnatural contest where primal powers suffer injury.

Reading the final interpretation, it is right on the money! on page 15 it says this hexagram of all the 6's, is a parallel to Lucifers rebellion against God and it ends with the Twilight of the Gods.

So thats it then, Ronnie may be rising from the grave and rustling up an army of darkness with his first minister Maggie at hand to start a ruckus.

Advertisement