Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One day to go

Options
  • 06-06-2006 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

:):):):):):)ONE DAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

dun dun dun ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

:confused: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Particle-Boy

Dear god...
    I never thought that it would actually arrive. But now it has!! Dear god.. BRING IT ON!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

:eek: All my dreams are just filled with thoughts of the exams :( I tried to get up as early as poss as I'll never sleep tonight :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

24 hrs, we'll be doing some daft comprehension
    ahahahaaaaa.
    *dances*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Conor h

What do most of yee tend to do the day before the exam.I'll just spend an hour and a half or so looking over English,then head into town to take my mind off it.

Will anybody spend the day cramming?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Conor h wrote:
    What do most of yee tend to do the day before the exam.I'll just spend an hour and a half or so looking over English,then head into town to take my mind off it.

Will anybody spend the day cramming?

I'm going to be reading odd magazines to get inspiration for a story/essay tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

i remember the day before the JC, i spent it shopping.

one of my friends parents saw me in town and was like " :eek: shoudl you not be studying?!"

i'll look over English, and Irish Paper 2 stuff, cos well.. theres a lot to know..

i might watch On The Waterfront, just cos its brilliant, and it can be an excuse for studying for my comprative...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

this is what we have been waiting to do for 14 years after all those long years of school...........
    Yea i will be studyin today just like its any other day...no matter how well you have prepared all year you are never know everything off 100% so why not spend the last day just goin over some key points etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

at this point, all im going to do is run through a few bits, get the names of different people into my head, and take it handy. No point in worrying or stressing, it aint the end of the world.

All else fails, There is always another option, life isnt a one route track,
    - idgeitman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Some serious cramming. Have not looked at the single text in a month. Also got poetry to learn. Also got maths. I just realised to get an A1 in honours I will need 270 on each paper. That I'm not looking forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I had the english paper in my hand about 10mins ago thus being a JC one & in a green bag which is not very transparent.

If only my dad was examining leaving cert :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

Just think, after tomorrow we'll never ever have to write about Lear or poetry ever again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

spent the last hour studying for the 1st time since the pre's.

it's remarkable how much ive taken in during that hour, my method of just-in-time learning is working wonders atm.

late night tonight for me, i'll get to sleep round 3. still relishing this exam though, no fear :cool:

god speed

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭anna.fun

I'm really excited... after tomorrow I'll never have to bother with poetry and "Of mice and men" again... Will enjoy they day outside and read some short stories and articles...

roll on.. good luck everyone tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

omg im so scared!i wz sick over the weeekend so d work has piled on !im really scared guys!especially bout math 1 and irish!ahhh cuz by the time i get home from english itl be 6!!guys omg!!!!i cnt believe its tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Last day, read all the previous essays i've done, then hope the exact same questions are asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i'm kinda excited...think about it, after tomorrow i will never have to study english AGAIN!!! :D

hey english isn't the worst.... come on like theres subjects much worse like maths... lol

hey english isn't the worst.... come on like theres subjects much worse like maths... lol
    english is easy enough...but i just hate the whole writing aspect of it!!

• Advertisement

im a quick beeotch at writing so ill have no problem with timing... just the whole thing about knowing what to write and quotations will be my toughest part...

damn i just bit my moms head off for making too much noise around the house... damn stress getting to me?

damn i just bit my moms head off for making too much noise around the house... damn stress getting to me?
    don't let it get to you at this stage..you've been doing so well!!! :)

english is a breeze, everyone is just freaking our over it because it's the first exam. :cool:

the fun will start with irish paper 2 :) hardest paper above all on the leaving certificate exams. havn't done a tap for it yet.

bluff the poems cuz there given to you, make up the stair as best as i can, then sumarise the two stories.

basically damage limitation for irish paper 2.

you can't hack the pressure :)

ahhh, it's like the titanic when it sinks, im standing on railings with rose and jack whilst everyone else is falling vertically smashing their heads off metal poles, falling into the ice cold ocean :D:D

something tells me you will be good at the comparison .. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Idgeitman

Ive had "Mr. Tambourine man" and "Like a rolling stone" on repeat all morning, waiting to break out some Jefferson Airplane. Parents on holidays thankfully, no pressure in this house...

:D

- idgeitman

i've been playing papa roach - last resort , i usualy dont listen to rock/punk music but im in the mood for it today for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

smemon wrote:
    spent the last hour studying for the 1st time since the pre's.

it's remarkable how much ive taken in during that hour, my method of just-in-time learning is working wonders atm.

late night tonight for me, i'll get to sleep round 3. still relishing this exam though, no fear :cool:

god speed
    jesus thats madness!Will you not be WRECKED in the exam??!Im always a bit paranoid about getting lots of sleep before exams because my worst fear is to know things but not be able to remember them because im so tired??its off to bed at ten for me i think-havent slept well the past few nights.(haha although ill probably freak out at around half nine and remembering things that iv forgotten to study and go to bed realy late...oh well..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ballerina wrote:
    jesus thats madness!Will you not be WRECKED in the exam??!Im always a bit paranoid about getting lots of sleep before exams because my worst fear is to know things but not be able to remember them because im so tired??its off to bed at ten for me i think-havent slept well the past few nights.(haha although ill probably freak out at around half nine and remembering things that iv forgotten to study and go to bed realy late...oh well..:rolleyes:

im used to getting little or no sleep, ive had nearly 2 weeks of sleep ins and relaxing, i havn't had that amount of time off in over 2 years :D so my batteries are fully recharged.

it's not that i dont want to go to sleep early, i just can't. i never go to sleep before 1 anyway. with the heat and all, so much to think about, i doubt i'll be able to go to sleep easily so i'll just flick on the laptop and start scanning through notes.

it's not pretty, it's not advised, but it works for me and it's my way of doing things.

Advertisement