Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Texting

• 06-06-2006 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hello,

I have 2 problems. i was out last weekened and i met this girl in the pub, very attractive girl. very nice and polite, and i'm just lookin for a bit of a laugh. we text eachother anyway and arranged to meet up. so we ketp texting and she seems very standofish. 1 min she's there "blh blah lol lol" and then next min it's "Nope" and then no reply again for a few days. Anyway, the other night she was really getting into it, telling me to send her wel.. bold messages. And the next morning she basically didn't want to talk. Just want to know your opinion.

Secondly, i met this other girl, barmaid in a local pub, she's new there and is lovely. Now she's not as forward about things. I met her once, and then we kinda flirted, and then she came out where i was sitting the next day and smiled at me. I went up to her about 15mins later and asked her if she's like to meet for a drink. we text eachother but she's very slow at them.. and they are very neutral. whats the best approach to basically get her talking, at the moment she;s just answering my questions, but i could clearly tell that she was interested.

Cheers

Oh ye, no flames, i'm just trying to keep my options open...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭killswitch

just keep txting them both...whoever agrees to meet up first...go out with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Splash out... make a phone call.:D You might be surprised at how talking to girls directly actually resolves lingering doubts and gets you dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Some people don't like texting. Don't feel the need to reply to a question with another question. I dislike sending someone a text and getting an immediate reply with another fecking question! If I wanted a conversation, I'd phone. That's what you should do (at least to girl 2) - phone them!

Texting is a curse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭oceansize

I'm texting them both. (and kinda meeting someone else). But i dunno what to do. Should i keep stringing them all along or just pick one maybe? The barmaid one is seems o be the nicest, but maybe thats because i've had the least contact from her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

oceansize wrote:
    Should i keep stringing them all along or just pick one maybe?

It's clear that #1 is stringing you along. Using you for a bit of textual fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

I agree with ionapaul & up for anything. Ring them, you'll learn so much more from a person's voice and exchange more information in a quarter of the time.

Bluetonic wrote:
    It's clear that #1 is stringing you along. Using you for a bit of textual fun.

Maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

oceansize wrote:
    I'm texting them both. (and kinda meeting someone else). But i dunno what to do. Should i keep stringing them all along or just pick one maybe? The barmaid one is seems o be the nicest, but maybe thats because i've had the least contact from her.

Ah, so not only do you want your cake and the ability to eat it too, but you also want a bit of ice cream and chocolate sauce on the side too?? ;)

I'd have to say that the textual fun is nice and all but you really can't beat the one-on-one conversation. Take the chance and make that call... to the barmaid.

Ah, so not only do you want your cake and the ability to eat it too, but you also want a bit of ice cream and chocolate sauce on the side too?? ;)

I'd have to say that the textual fun is nice and all but you really can't beat the one-on-one conversation. Take the chance and make that call... to the barmaid.

But i've only had 2 texts from the barmade and only met her very briefly twice... i text her at around 12:30 today and she hasn't gotten back to me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

maybe she doesnt have credit, busy with something else.

Just cause she hasnt said anything it doesnt mean she has said no.

Grow some courage and ring, be funny and sincere and ask her out.

Emmo

• Advertisement

Emmo wrote:
    maybe she doesnt have credit, busy with something else.

Just cause she hasnt said anything it doesnt mean she has said no.

Grow some courage and ring, be funny and sincere and ask her out.

Emmo

But i already asked her in the text today if she's meet up for a drink? And no reply. So if i call her it will look like i'm stalking her lol

Ok. last night i was txt'n the first one. And i was teasing her and she was like "a feck this, i'm not wasting my credit waiting for you to tell me something". so i told her she was ignorant!.

So that was a bad move. But i still wanna meet up and have some fun with her! Do you think if i gave her a call today and said like "ah i had a coupla drinks in me" or something she would still meet up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

We don't know ring her and find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Well , all this crack with people saying just ring her. Some girls prefer the text message approach because it more fun to them and they will say(text) things that they might not normally say.If it was me i would maybe give a pretty standard text asking when is she off and does she want to grab something to eat if that does not work , forget about it simple as that. Also if she is the barmaid in your local pub just go in for a pint and try and get talking to her. Its no big deal like its just a girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Well they can't believe it's that much fun if they don't reply. I would go and MEET THE GIRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

oceansize wrote:
    Ok. last night i was txt'n the first one. And i was teasing her and she was like "a feck this, i'm not wasting my credit waiting for you to tell me something". so i told her she was ignorant!.

So that was a bad move. But i still wanna meet up and have some fun with her! Do you think if i gave her a call today and said like "ah i had a coupla drinks in me" or something she would still meet up?

sorry i actually missed this post man , she ain't interested ! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

oceansize wrote:
    ...so i told her she was ignorant!.
    You silver tongued charmer, I'd say that line had her eating out of your hand.:rolleyes:

Concentrate on the second girl now that you have made a complete bo**ix of yourself with the first.
    Try to learn something from the experience.

OK i'm gonna leave the other one off and try this barmaid. My friend works with her (on the weekend, she's new there) and said she seems very quiet. Is that possibly why she hasn't text back? She seemed to really like me when we talked.
    Should i ring her (which leaves the possibility that she may not answer and then what do i do) or wait till the weekend and talk to her?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

ring her if there is no answer then text her asking her would she like to meet up for a drink, not where she works.

Then send the thing and wait.

If she doesnt reply she doesnt want to, if she wants to she will reply by hook or by crook.

Emmo

Advertisement