Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Routes online?

Options
  • 06-06-2006 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭

Doing the test in tallaght on Friday - anyone know of anywhere I can find the routes online? - surely there must be somewhere where someone has posted them

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No but I tell you what here is the most likely route you will get!!

Come out of test centre and go left!
    Then left at the lights and down the belgard road,
    turn left into Airton road, get down as far as the post box on the left hand side (midway down the road) and turn left!
    Follow the road until the end (Oppisite the garage) then you go left, then right straight away into where Powercity is.
    Then turn right after powercity, then right at the end of that road.
    Then at the next junction you will go left.
    Keep going till you hit the traffic lights in the village and go left.
    Go all the way down the road until you get to the castle park/tymon turn and go left!
    Drive all the way down until the penny black pub. (This is where the examiner will make up his mind to take you but you reverse around the corner will always be on this corner).......
    ******Main Way******
    Take the first left into Tymon.
    Immediatly he will ask you to stop on the left hand side for you Hill Start.
    Then he could ask you to go right to do your 3 point turn or continue on and take the next right to do it!! Either way it will be one of those 2!!
    After your 3 point turn come out of where you are and go right.
    Continue on down the road and go left at the field beside the school!!
    Continue on and take the first right turn!! He will ask you now to park up on the left hand side(Just after the left turn) of the road and this is where you will do your reverse around the corner!!
    When you finish, take your right turn. Then go right again. Continue all the way down the road until you are back facing tymon park. Go left.
    At the lights go left, then at the next set of lights go right and you will head back to the test centre!!

This route is the main route used and everyone I know has done this one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

jonny24ie wrote:
    No but I tell you what here is the most likely route you will get!!

Come out of test centre and go left!
    Then left at the lights and down the belgard road,
    turn left into Airton road, get down as far as the post box on the left hand side (midway down the road) and turn left!
    Follow the road until the end (Oppisite the garage) then you go left, then right straight away into where Powercity is.
    Then turn right after powercity, then right at the end of that road.
    Then at the next junction you will go left.
    Keep going till you hit the traffic lights in the village and go left.
    Go all the way down the road until you get to the castle park/tymon turn and go left!
    Drive all the way down until the penny black pub. (This is where the examiner will make up his mind to take you but you reverse around the corner will always be on this corner).......
    ******Main Way******
    Take the first left into Tymon.
    Immediatly he will ask you to stop on the left hand side for you Hill Start.
    Then he could ask you to go right to do your 3 point turn or continue on and take the next right to do it!! Either way it will be one of those 2!!
    After your 3 point turn come out of where you are and go right.
    Continue on down the road and go left at the field beside the school!!
    Continue on and take the first right turn!! He will ask you now to park up on the left hand side(Just after the left turn) of the road and this is where you will do your reverse around the corner!!
    When you finish, take your right turn. Then go right again. Continue all the way down the road until you are back facing tymon park. Go left.
    At the lights go left, then at the next set of lights go right and you will head back to the test centre!!

This route is the main route used and everyone I know has done this one!!!

cheers for that - very helpful- I hear most people do this but that there is another around the hospital area that merges onto the dual carriagway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah but that won't be used as much because of the road works etc!! Depends on how many people actually go out at the same time as you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Actually you can get them online.. have to pay for it tho (but worth it - I got the one for Finglas last month and its very good.. shows you the three different routes and has other useful info and tips too)

http://www.irishmotoring.ie/sites/index_shop_entry.php

Advertisement