Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homemade bipod

Options
  • 06-06-2006 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Had a bipod and sold it because i wasnt using it for shooting rabbits since i started shooting foxes i found the need for one wanted to get a swivel one cause remember the annoyance of the other one but then decided to make one

its light fits in my pocket doesnt need to swivel because the gun can move in it and most important extremely steady and perfect height

made it out of bamboo so its strong but light

total cost €0 everything was around the house so saved myself €50

dsc000123id.jpg

dsc000207hp.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

It's really more a short set of shooting sticks than a normal bipod, the difference being the bipod is securely fixed to the firearm. Shooting sticks are used a lot by professional hunters abroad course, so they probably work very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

civdef wrote:
    Shooting sticks are used a lot by professional hunters abroad course, so they probably work very well.
    Here's an article by no less an authority than Craig Boddington, on the use of the 3-legged version-
    http://www.rifleshootermag.com/shooting_tips/sticks_012506/

Oh, nice looking job psittacosis, well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

Is that your means of transport for chasing the foxes over the hills in the shed in the photo?
    If so, can I come out shooting with you ?? :D :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

http://www.locoblade.2ya.com

That would be the brothers kit car which i think ill stick with the old legs for the time being as the only way that thing will move is if its pushed

Advertisement