Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpets, how not to get ripped off?

Options
  • 06-06-2006 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Ok, looking to carpet stairs, landing and 2 small bedrooms. Don’t want to get ripped off, and I don’t like the look of the places like carpet right, etc. Any advice? Want to get a reasonable carpet, not the best, but not rubbish either.

How are TC Mathews?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi

I found Des Kelly to have a good selection and good and v good carpets. They were the best price around and the fitter did a good job on our stairs & landing

garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Hi,

Not sure your location but DO NOT TOUCH Ashbourne flooring also linked to CElbridge flooring they are CR*P rip you off terrible job dont even fit the right carpet and when you ask to complain to the owner they are a silent partner

Cowboys cant wait till boom is over a shysters like these guys feel the pinch

Parents use TC all the time no probs I should have too

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

I've found TC Matthews good.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

I've found TC Matthews good. Bleech washable carpet for 10 or 12 euro sq yd for a playroom, couldn't argue with that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

JJ Carpets are another to put on the avoid list if you are anywhere near Blanchardstown. Cowboy outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Found TC Matthews to be a bit expensive to be honest but maybe that was my missus and her expensive taste - €1000 for the smallest bedroom in the house:eek:

Went to Design Options in Portlaoise for hall, stairs and landing and couldn't believe how much cheaper it was "down the country". Very nice people in it - no hard sell and they organised the fitter as well - highly recommended!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I got carpets from CarpetRight in Swords a few years back, and the fitters they sent were truly excellent. Can't remember now how I ended up in Swords (there are other closer to me!), but was glad I did.

There were a few places had some nicer carpets, but were an awful lot more expensive. One thing I did notice was to work out the fittings yourself before going into the shop - the girl serving me had difficulties with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement