Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drunk talk

• 06-06-2006 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Been seeing a guy for the last 5 months.

I love him. He says he loves me.

At the weekend, we were out and about. Had a few drinks. He was drunk.

We started talking about us. He said that he thought I was fantastic and that he thinks that we are at a stage already to move in together.

Have to admit I was both happy and terrified at the same time.

I didnt say anything but was smiling etc. He feel asleep!

Anyways, yesterday, he didnt say anything at all, and was quite a grumpy old sod all day.

I didnt say anything to him about what he had said. I dunno whether to bring it up or not. Didnt know that he felt like that. Or maybe it was drink talk. Im 27, hes 33.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Sounds like the Dutch courage helped him say something that he wanted to say, but was afraid to say.

This isn't to say he definitely feels that way with 100% confidence in it (maybe he partly feels that way, but also has concerns), but it's probably not a million miles from how he feels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Talking wrote:
    Anyways, yesterday, he didnt say anything at all, and was quite a grumpy old sod all day.

I think the medical term for this condition is "Dying of a Hangover"

But yeah, I'm sure he only said something he wanted to say but was afraid to. Sometimes the booze is good for something. I would definitely mention it to him and see what he says. I'm sure he would be delighted to move in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Drunk talk is a funny one. Sometimes drunk talk says exactly what you want to say, it just gives you the courage, Other times, it heightens your euphoria and makes you 100% certain of something when in the sober light you're actually not all that certain. And other times it makes you say something only maginally related to what you want to say.

For example, I recall telling one of my gf's mates after a few too many that, "If she wasn't living in London, we'd be married by now". Sober, that's complete bull****. That was my drunken mind's way of saying that I'm comfortable with the idea, even looking forward to it eventually, and not that I wanted to actually be married.

Bring it up with him. He'll either go wide-eyed and panic/laugh, or he'll admit that yeah, he thinks it's a good idea. IF you think it's a good idea, then there's no reason not to say it to him (assuming it's a resonable feat for you to move in together).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Yep, leave the drink to one side and have the "I think I love you, wanna share my space?" talk. Either way, you'll know what the story is.

Best of luck with it.

Advertisement