Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels-Derry Tuesday 8pm

• 06-06-2006 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭

Massive game in the EL tonight.

Shels haven't beaten Derry in the last ten meetings.

Both sides looking for a win going into the break for the WC.

My prediction:

Shels 2 Derry 1 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Really fired up for this one, got the day off work, cracking weather, two good sides. Hopeful for a Shels win as Derry were blaming the long journey in the warm weather for their poor performance on Friday, hopefully more of the same tonight.

Couple of goals in this one, I'll be very brave given our recent defensive performances and say 2-0 Shels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Really fired up for this one, got the day off work, cracking weather, two good sides. Hopeful for a Shels win as Derry were blaming the long journey in the warm weather for their poor performance on Friday, hopefully more of the same tonight.

Couple of goals in this one, I'll be very brave given our recent defensive performances and say 2-0 Shels.
    Not many gotten two by forde this year.!. Mccourt on fire at the moment. I say 2-1 to Derry.!!

tred wrote:
    Not many gotten two by forde this year.!. Mccourt on fire at the moment. I say 2-1 to Derry.!!
    Shels do have the best attack in the league though, and if UCD can hold you scoreless I'd be confident that even Shels might (and thats saying a lot considering we concede almost every time we play).

Looking forward to a cracking night. Anyone know if its on TV? Might tape it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ill be hoping for a draw here anyways, preferably of the 0-0 variety.

I think Shels will shade it, as they are due a win over Derry. Shels are playing quite well also, so expect them to continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

1-0 Home win, Gary O'Neill

This one should've been on live TV :mad: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Gwan the Shelbourne, gwan the Shelbourne!

Outplayed, outclassed, dominated, deserved nothing and left with all three points... brilliant!

Will post more (with the goal) later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdz4AQFnl5k

Brief highlights and goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Outplayed, outclassed, dominated, deserved nothing and left with all three points... brilliant!

So true.

Made it all the sweeter!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I thought Derry were by far the better team and just didnt have that killer touch up front.

Overall it was a really excellent game with great play from both teams. Derry fans were brilliant, especially your man with the Harmonica!

Who's going to win the league now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Didnt see the match myself. Going to go on what is posted here and what Roddy collins and the other lad on El weekly said last night.

THey both tipped shels for the title, and said that last night was they played there best starting 11 and have the best squad in the league, they do, but a useless manager. Yet they were "Outplayed, outclassed, dominated, deserved nothing" last night?

If i was a shels fan i would be very worried. Luck wont win you the league, it will win you the odd game or two, but not the league.

I can see derry winning it ahead of cork.

With shels getting relegated :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Couldn't understand Roddy's reasoning. He said that Derry were predictable and that Shels deserved to win.

Was he at the game last night.

When I watch Derry I see, Martyn breaking from deep, Paddy McCourt dancing pst 4 players, Barry Molloy controlling the pace of the game.

Whats so predictable about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Mega 3 points - especially when, to be fair, I was expecting at most a point! Derry are a fantastic side, and to break the hoodoo, and leapfrog Cork and Derry keeps it sweet! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Absolutely massive - one of those games where the result matters more than the performance. Huge confidence boost for the Reds as well.

Couldn't understand Roddy's reasoning. He said that Derry were predictable and that Shels deserved to win.

Was he at the game last night.

When I watch Derry I see, Martyn breaking from deep, Paddy McCourt dancing pst 4 players, Barry Molloy controlling the pace of the game.

Whats so predictable about this?

In fairness every comment he makes seems to be the complete opposite of whats on the screen. I think he talks a good game, but if u sometimes analyze what hes saying, he sounds clueless. I actually now switch off or have a cup of tea when he comes on.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Mega 3 points - especially when, to be fair, I was expecting at most a point! Derry are a fantastic side, and to break the hoodoo, and leapfrog Cork and Derry keeps it sweet! :)

true, but a long way to go yet, and it might be just the tonic Derry need at this stage of the season, to realise things are not going to be easy no matter how good you play. Id still fancy them near the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Whoever it comes down to at the end, you can bet your house on Derry being right at the top of the mix. Fantastic team.

Advertisement