Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse Riding

Options
  • 06-06-2006 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good/recommended riding schools in the limerick/clare/tipp area?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

Ashroe Riding School, Murroe is a good one that's where I learnt to ride, google them and you will get the phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Hey.
    Thanks for the reply!

No way! Thats where I learned to horse ride too!

I am big into the horses, but in recent years due to college/work etc, havent been able to get back into it. Am hobbie-less at the moment.

I thought that Ashroe had closed down in recent years.

Used to go there every saturday and also do the pony club thing every summer. Used to keep one of our ponies there too. Do you still horse ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

There is a riding centre in Clarina. Just head straight out the dock road towards foynes and you will find it

Bother I never realise it closed, I hadn't been there in year haven't ridden in years either must get back into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Theres one in Coonagh, aint there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Abbey Lass

No the one in Coonagh closed last year.there is a riding school on Clonlara,about 5km from the city on the Killaloe road,they do hunting and lessons,is the closest one i know of and there is the one in sixmilebridge as well.

My mother just confirmed for me that Ashroe is closed (aren't mothers great!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Clonshire , just the far side of Adare .

It is an equestrian centre owned by the Limerick County Fox Hounds ( so my daughter says when I asked her to explain in detail )

I would imagine it is one of the biggest around .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I learned to Horse Ride when I was a kid in Clarina (Mcarthy's) Dunno if it is
    still open.

I have hayfever and when I was a kid my face used to get all swelled out
    as the horse hair trapped the dust and pollen so hayfever sufferers
    bewarea and take something for it before going horse riding in summer weather.

The most popular I know of was Clonshire its got a web page:

Not sure if I am allowed to post this link or not but since
    OP specifically asked for info:
    http://www.clonshire.com/

~B

Advertisement