Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killing Reeds in the Garden (Reeds not Weeds!)

Options
  • 06-06-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

I have around an acre of land around my house. Up until last year it was growing wildly with all sorts of rubbish in it. Towards the end of last year I got the landscapers in to, well, landscape it. Since then I noticed that, although the grass is coming on, there appears to be a lot of Reeds cropping up. The area I live in is very marshy and the landscapers did comment on the soil composition- marley?

Anyway, the grass is doing well but ordinary weed killing will not get rid of these reeds, does anyone have any suggestions? Regaular cutting keeps them down but the are still nasty to walk on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭eddiej

Check out the sticky on garden drainage, your landscapers should really have done this e.g. few drains and a soak pit especially in they commented on the soil condition. Reeds like wet conditions I am afraid

Advertisement