Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will unlocked UK phone on Irish network?

• 06-06-2006 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Looking to buy a phone on e-Bay from the UK.

Advert says the phone is unlocked. Will this work on the Irish O2 network?

Sorry if this was already asked. My search doesn't seem to be working and I've trawled through loads of Boards.ie pages.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed numerous times on this topic but the answer is yes - unlocked means it'll work on any network, though certain features of the phone may not be supported here (eg. push-to-talk).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

byrnefm wrote:
    I'm pretty sure this has been discussed numerous times on this topic but the answer is yes - unlocked means it'll work on any network, though certain features of the phone may not be supported here (eg. push-to-talk).

Yes unlocked phones will work providing they are GSM and of our Dual band specifications. Watch out on eBay the majority of people I have heard of getting caught there have either been buying Mobile Phones or Laptop computers. Check the seller’s feedback and try and get a telephone number off him, pretend you want to ring him to discuss features say you sprained your fingers and typing hurts. Ring him up and feed him some dribble about WAP, PTT, etc. At least if he does try con you, then you have a number, which may help. Watch out for the dodgy Lagos Accent too. ;)

Advertisement