Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick king lear question..

Options
  • 06-06-2006 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

im too short on time to go through the book but i just want to make sure about this... cornwall is married to regan and goneril married to albany? or the other way around? this always messes me about!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭willowmegs

our teacher showed us a handy way to remember it:

CORE (Cornwall & Regan)

so obviously the other is Goneril & Albany

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

thanks :P ill be thinking of you when core comes into my head :P *druels* lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

i have a Q too. does Goneril poison Regan or Regan poison Goneril? lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Pez wrote:
    i have a Q too. does Goneril poison Regan or Regan poison Goneril? lol :)

Always gets me. I think Goneril poisened Regan. Not sure though. Somebody confirm. Also did Edmund get laid by either Goneril or Regan?

Remeber GORE which is short for Goneril poisens Regan!

and edgar is the good son, edmund is the bad one..

• Advertisement

thank you :D
    No he didnt get laid but he wanted to ;) by both of them haha:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I would be kind of worried if you guys still were not sure which one was Edmund and which Edgar!

was it france of burgundy who married cordelia? im pretty sure it was france... but whats this burgundy dude doing? burgundy sounds more like a french name than english...? confusing me...

France married Cordelia and Burgundy didnt want to marry her when he found out she wudnt inherit the kingdom. as far as i know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

im finished english studying. done it in 3 hours :D

who cares about trivial stuff like who's cousin was it that said that Lear had said that Tommy had an affair with Andrea's sister's daughter.

big deal, move on. know the main story and your sorted.

once upon a time there was Lear. he divided his kingdom between his daughters but then kicked one out for doing a roy keane.

other daughters, get the power and kick lear's ass out into the gutter.

Lear mixes with the home boys in the ghetto and becomes one of them. He forms a tag team with the daughter he kicked out - cordelia - and lays the smackdown on goneril and regan to reclaim his kingdom.

then everyone kills each other and edgar becomes king.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

^
    I see next year's summer blockbuster.

thats lear wrapped up in 20 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Oh God it's such an awful play!
    Tried studying it today but I find Shakespeare horrible. For gods sake man! Be original and stop robbing from the Greeks.

Anyways, anyone learning off quotes? I think I should but I really don't want to!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

willowmegs wrote:
    our teacher showed us a handy way to remember it:

CORE (Cornwall & Regan)

so obviously the other is Goneril & Albany

What about GOAL for Goneril and Albany

Slurms wrote:
    Oh God it's such an awful play!
    Tried studying it today but I find Shakespeare horrible. For gods sake man! Be original and stop robbing from the Greeks.

Anyways, anyone learning off quotes? I think I should but I really don't want to!!

yeah i feel the same way! i wrote out about 15-20 of the main (short) quotes of the play and might just have a look over them later and then tommorow before the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

yeah i feel the same way! i wrote out about 15-20 of the main (short) quotes of the play and might just have a look over them later and then tommorow before the exam!
    Yeah thats not a bad idea. Might do that tonight.
    Oh man can't wait to get Paper 2 done. I like Paper 1 despite my hands protestations but Paper 2 is so dull and makes me want to kill myself. Ah well the sooner it starts the sooner its all over. And then a Summer of booze, women and Oxegen awaits!

Slurms wrote:
    Yeah thats not a bad idea. Might do that tonight.
    Oh man can't wait to get Paper 2 done. I like Paper 1 despite my hands protestations but Paper 2 is so dull and makes me want to kill myself. Ah well the sooner it starts the sooner its all over. And then a Summer of booze, women and Oxegen awaits!

yeah if there was no paper 2 we wouldn't have to study... paper 1 is just random to be honest... any topic can come up! yeah bring on oxegen! getting wasted , women and partying :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

you dont need to know **** such as whose sister married which brother or whatever.the dont ask to ****ing retell the story.

Advertisement