Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of insects?

Options
  • 06-06-2006 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Heya all a bit of a problem
    In my shed, its a concrete one and cement floor etc. I seem to have wasps ..they seem to be either in there all along or getting in...killed 5 in the past month and alot of spiders and ticks. bare in mind i have all my weights there..and its gettin to the stage that i have to get rid of them. Can anyone recomend how? baring in mind that i dont want to beout of use of the shed too long:P
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Keep it as tidy as you can and then just sweep out all the crawlies often.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Ive done that many times..wil do it again soon. But due to the heat inside the shed i think it attracts them. If there is something that would keep them out that wud be great..but thanks for the reply tho

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

The missus painted the inside of our shed white to help spot them (it also makes it *much* brighter at night which is handy)
    I guess you could buy a really big spider that will eat everything else, at least then you only have one thing to worry about.
    Or a lizard, lizards are good at that :)

On a more serious note you can get Bug Repellent stuff from B&Q and such places, they have smelly and sonic versions, dunno which is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Smelly or sonic...hmm interesting...il definatly have a look for that thanks:) But u know i actually really was thinking of a lizard at one stage hehe...at least that way i have a reason:P Does anyone know where to get a mosquito net, a smal one, at least then i can open the window and wasps wont be able to get in, cause the place is like a sauna! Thanks for the info tho GreeBo

Advertisement