Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever heard of a ps/2 PCI card?

Options
  • 06-06-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

A mate just bought a new dell without any ps/2 ports. He has a couple of joysticks that have ps/2 connectors. His problem is that when he connects the joystick to the pc via a usb to ps/2 cable, the joystick tends to veer toward the up and left controls, (a bit like if the joystick wasn't calibrated)

So i was just wondering if there is such a thing as a PCI card with ps/2 ports for mouse and keyboard. I googled, couldn't find anyting apart from usb to ps/2 cables bu i'd thought i'd ask anyway.

Cheers
    Flop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Wrong forum.

Try here

PS/2 Cards are rare, and old. Does his dell box have any PCI slots?
    Are his joysticks definately PS/2? Sounds like high-end classic flight-yokes.
    Could you post the make and model?
    You'd probably have an easier time with a 'proper' PS/2-USB adapter. The ones you get for free with mice and stuff generally rely on the device being USB-PS/2 aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

The joysticks are Mame joysticks, 1) a hanaho HOTROD (http://www.hanaho.com) 2) OZ STICK (www.ozstick.com.au). Not sure about the DELL having PC ports but he purchased a usb -> ps/2 adapter in maplins for about 40E (dunno the make though), and that's causing both sticks to act a bit iffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

20secs googling threw up this.
    I'd imagine it being mentioned on that site almost guarantees it works.

Link to PI Engineering products.
    Good name. Piengineering. Mmmm...3.14pie

Advertisement