Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability/oxegen festival

• 06-06-2006 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently broke my leg and will be unable to walk for quite a while, but i really really want to go to Oxygen festival on the Sunday (as my fav bands are playing), i have a ticket and i know they have an area for people with mobility problems.
    So whats the story with it, do i just go up to it on the day or do i have to make special arrangments? Anyone any experiences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I saw a few people on crutches at it last year in the same area as everyone else. Naturally, you wouldnt be able to go into the pit, or close to the barrier of the pit but u can always find a spot on the grass to lie down. Mind you - durin the big acts everyone stands up so just make sure and be careful no one steps on your foot.

Btw, are you the guy advertisin the ticket for sale on the Oxegen forum? He had a similar problem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Ye that was me advertising the ticket, i was thinking it would be better if I was in the pit, just down the back of it,obviously not in amongst everyone (tbh I only want to be there for Placebo) Cos otherwise i will be miles back from everything and there wouldnt be much point in being there!

Well, the pit at Oxegen isnt anything like the point theatre or anything - there is no space. Its literally full to the brim. Even if they did allow you into it (which is highly unlikely considering the guards are scumbags) - there would simply be no room. You would get killed sitting down in there.

Well, the pit at Oxegen isnt anything like the point theatre or anything - there is no space. Its literally full to the brim. Even if they did allow you into it (which is highly unlikely considering the guards are scumbags) - there would simply be no room. You would get killed sitting down in there.

Archimedes wrote:

I disagree, the pit at oxegen has never been full to the brim the times iive been there (the last 3 years). I wont be sitting in the pit either, il be standing.

However I also feel the security wont let me into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Do you blame them?

Why not just do the intelligent thing and put your questions to the event organisers?

Amz wrote:
    Do you blame them?

Why not just do the intelligent thing and put your questions to the event organisers?

Its MCD were dealing with here, do you not think that would of been the first thing id do? nobody has an answer when you ring them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Well there's really no way you'll get an answer here then if you can't get on from the official source.

Did you try the Oxegen festival message board?

Advertisement