Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can't find a summer job!!

• 06-06-2006 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭

This mightn't be the right forum but i can't find one really where this should go...

I've handed out CVs in Waterford and Kilkenny and rang up a couple of places that had looked promising..but nothing!! Nobody wants me!!! What am I doing wrong? I just can't seem to find a job and I'm going out of my mind with boredom. I'm thinking I should have stayed in Dublin for the summer and got work there but I didn't want to do that and now I'm freaking out that I won't find any work and then what a waste of a summer.

Can anyone help me? Advice, anything?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Wing Walker

Nothing like working in a Centra. I've had the experience and you can have some great craic there. They'll normally hire on the spot.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭lost_for_words

This mightn't be the right forum but i can't find one really where this should go...

I've handed out CVs in Waterford and Kilkenny and rang up a couple of places that had looked promising..but nothing!! Nobody wants me!!! What am I doing wrong? I just can't seem to find a job and I'm going out of my mind with boredom. I'm thinking I should have stayed in Dublin for the summer and got work there but I didn't want to do that and now I'm freaking out that I won't find any work and then what a waste of a summer.

Can anyone help me? Advice, anything?!

Have you tried Aventis, banks, credit unions, AOL, Bausch & Lombe, ehhhhhh can't think of much right now....
    Shouldn't this maybe be in the work/jobs section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have you tried Aventis, banks, credit unions, AOL, Bausch & Lombe, ehhhhhh can't think of much right now....
    Shouldn't this maybe be in the work/jobs section?
    It should at least be in the regional forums.
    EDIT saw it in South East too Should be deleted from PI imo

OP, just keep at it. Oh and check with McDonals, Abrakebabra etc. Brings the dosh in and shows you what people are like drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You will just have to hang in there and keep trying OP, good luck with the job hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

lost_for_words, yea, I just found the work/jobs section!! I'm new here and couldnt see it at first. Apparently banks don't seem to take on students as a rule and AOL have finished interviews according to someone I know who went for one there. Oh I don't know!!
    Feel free to delete this moderator if you want, I've posted one in work/jobs now too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement