Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds...

2»

Comments

not really...

you've simply picked the wrong subjects in 4th year, and now have to work with them to get your best total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

smemon wrote:
    it's an unfair advantage.

some people can't afford them, others can. it's not a level playing field. i'd prefer to get points on my own rather than paying someone to drill something into me.

€1000 for grinds? thats ridiculous imo. such a waste of money.

Grinds don't in any way guarantee success. Everything depends on the person.

You said you'd "prefer to get the points on your own". Grinds aren't soley taken up by people who are lazy and want information to be "drilled" into them. It could be a case of their teacher being incompetent or not being able to spend a lot of time on a cerain topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

i did three xmas revision courses in the institute. filthy money-grabbers made physics into two courses and i just happen to be bad at mechanics AND electricity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

BUT if you fail the leaving/do badly you'll have to end up paying to repeat it next year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭helles belles

sometimes it just helps having the course retaught by a different person with different phrasing. it makes it stick.
    i dont think taking grinds has any reflection on your ability. and it can help you get higher points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

:| wrote:
    BUT if you fail the leaving/do badly you'll have to end up paying to repeat it next year...

If you fail or do badly then there'sa massive problem - one that grinds can't solve, some people just aren't academically minded - grinds cannot alter that fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

I got Physics and Maths grinds- my reason? My teachers were ****e at explaining stuff so it made it clearer for me!:D

Advertisement