Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RE:Survivor

Options
  • 06-06-2006 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

Wanted to post this in the Round 1 thread but it got locked just as I hit the submit button:

No disrespect meant to you hulla. I just think bad timing. Everyone has gone off for summer and the survivor thread suffers because of it. Prob best to leave it till sept and then launch it again. Get some people together to take part and then another group to come up with some challenges. Gets more people involved.

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's no problem. To be honest, I wasn't really able to keep on top of it the way I should because of the boards.ie trial and other things that are draining my internet time. On top of that, I too have to suffer a dial-up connection.

Seperately:
    MNG, you are really starting to get on my wick about this Survivor thing. If I had the time to go and read every word of the AH survivor thread, I would. But I don't, so I can't. So, I was doing my best to run it in here with the very little knowledge I have of the competition. (I have the game on my phone.)

If you want to run it, you can, but I think things will be quiet in here over the summer anyway, so irlrobins is probably right.

Thanks,
    hulla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Aw. *hug* I was pretty happy with it hulla, we did whine for you to get it running and ya did, I do think it's the time of year aswell, I'd be happy for you to run it in september.

Me, suck up? *slurp!*

Edit: Sorry Hulla!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The weather has been great that past few days. Give the lad a break hes doing a great job with the Survivor . I think its going fairly well tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

elmyra wrote:

Me, suck up? *slurp!*

Edit: Sorry Hulla!
    A perk of moderatorship?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's no problem. To be honest, I wasn't really able to keep on top of it the way I should because of the boards.ie trial and other things that are draining my internet time. On top of that, I too have to suffer a dial-up connection.

Seperately:
    MNG, you are really starting to get on my wick about this Survivor thing. If I had the time to go and read every word of the AH survivor thread, I would. But I don't, so I can't. So, I was doing my best to run it in here with the very little knowledge I have of the competition. (I have the game on my phone.)

If you want to run it, you can, but I think things will be quiet in here over the summer anyway, so irlrobins is probably right.

Thanks,
    hulla.

You seem to have a real problem accepting criticism.

The fact is you arrogantly dismissed the way the last contest was run - "Nah it was sh*t". Remember that? As it turns out if you had stuck to the basic concept of the original one then it would have been more interactive and fun.

The fact that you have now locked the Survivor thread and effectively thrown your toys out of the pram over this matter would seem to indicate that you now accept the way you tried to run the contest was flawed. No matter. It's no big deal.

Want my advice? Fine then - the contest should be interactive. That's the whole point of it. Choose 10 contestants and have 1 immunity challenge. The winner becomes immune from being voted off. Simple as that. No points system necessary. The other contestants are then eligible to be voted off by EVERYBODY. Even non-participants.

The reason this contest hasn't taken off in my opinion is because for some strange reason you decided to make the votes of non-participants null and void. And for what? It essentially became a private game on a public forum. I am willing to help you out in the contest if you want.

And on a final note, as for "getting on your wick", I'm merely offering my opinions. Arse-licking isn't my style and I don't suppose it's yours either. I just call it like I see it.

I'm not trying to be a pr*ck. I just think you need to tweak things here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I should have said "left a bit".

MNG, watch the way you talk to me. I wouldn't accept that if I wasn't moderator, and I definitely won't accept it now.

Of course I can take criticism, I don't know where you get that from. Every post you had in that thread was whinging about the way I was running it. I told you, I don't have time to read the AH thread, and I didn't know how to run it other than the way I was doing it.

If it didn't work, that's grand, someone else who knows the story can do it. I thought the way I was doing it might work, but it didn't. I locked the thread because it was finished, I would have started it up again, but you and irlrobins complained about it. That was fine. I don't take it personally, it's just a game.

I said I thought the original one was siht because it looked like it was boring from what I had read. I took a good bit of time to think about how I would run this one, and what sort of system would work, but I didn't really have time to get it all down to a fine art what with trying to run a trial and work out the bugs in the new sub-fora (of which there are sevevn).

Also, we just got some new kittens at home and they are suckers for attention and, frankly, I am more than willing to give them attention.

If you want to start it up again, work away, you can start it from where I left off.

MNG, watch the way you talk to me. I wouldn't accept that if I wasn't moderator, and I definitely won't accept it now.

What on earth are you talking about, man? Watch what? What did I say that was so wrong? Anyone?
    hullabaloo wrote:
    Of course I can take criticism, I don't know where you get that from. Every post you had in that thread was whinging about the way I was running it. I told you, I don't have time to read the AH thread, and I didn't know how to run it other than the way I was doing it.

I get that you can't take criticism because you shut down the contest at the slightest hint of unhappiness from readers.

If you haven't got the time to do the contest, thar's fair enough. It shouldn't have to interfere with your personal life.

One final thing, you being a mod here doesn't mean that I have to lick up to you and ignore my own views. I respect everyone on this forum, including yourself. It has nothing to do with the amount of stars I see under a username.

I'm not looking for conflict, I merely gave my opinions. I wish you a good summer and good results from your exams and the same goes for everybody else.

The fact is you arrogantly dismissed the way the last contest was run - "Nah it was sh*t". Remember that?
    You called me arrogant.
    thrown your toys out of the pram
    You then accused me of being infantile.

All I said was, "Right, do it yourselves then", and there's nothing childish about that. I acknowledged that I wasn't up to it, and that you could probably organise it better between you.

You would be right in saying that I got annoyed over it. I put a lot of thought and work into trying to make this fun for you people, and it really annoyed me that you kept on banging on about how bad a job I was doing.

Well I can't say I regard formulating opinions on certain statements as wrong. No offence was intended. I've already explained that causing annoyance wasn't my intention.

As far as I'm concerned it's too warm to beating this issue to death.

/extends hand of peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Oh God when I suggested, starting up the Survivor game again I didnt want it to be all squabbly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Byrno

Dunno, when I entered I was looking forward to a good aquabble at some stage. Just hoped it'd be between the contestants!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Oh yeah? Well who do you think you are? Wanna take this outside?

REWORKED SURVIVOR STRUCTURE........

Hullaballoo Vs. MNG in celebrity deathmatch style brawl to the death. Anyone with me?

actually there could be some sort of 1v1 thing organised each week for all of next term

Grimes wrote:
    actually there could be some sort of 1v1 thing organised each week for all of next term
    An ongoing series of fights, I like that! Each week, the previous week's winner gets to choose venue and applicable weapons for the following week's fight.

Ok, I've already given this too much thought.

and we can post links to the video on youtube. It cant be a death match cause thats puching it. Im thinking some sort of mud wrestling tag team match starring all the girls of boards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I know who I'd like to get my claws into

*grrrr*

Scraggs wrote:
    I know who I'd like to get my claws into

*grrrr*
    *Raawrr.*

Well I can't say I regard formulating opinions on certain statements as wrong. No offence was intended. I've already explained that causing annoyance wasn't my intention.

As far as I'm concerned it's too warm to beating this issue to death.

/extends hand of peace
    /Shakes hand.

Advertisement