Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gunpower Stealth .22 Air Rifle

Options
  • 06-06-2006 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I am bringing my Stealth back from england. I have only set up my Licence for target as yet. In england there was no problem shooting crow,squirrels and rabbit.I have replaced the factory barrel with a walther screw cut 24" medium barrel and fitted a 50x4-12 scope. This air rifle is regulated @ 12ftb(uk) but can go up to 50+ftb.Is there any restrictions on what I can hunt using this rifle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

vermin like crows, pigeons, rabbit can all be shot but not game birds such as pheasant and duck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

I have replaced the factory barrel with a walther screw cut 24" medium barrel
    Dunno if you did this for legal reasons or for accuracy.But if for legal reasons,there is no legal min length for a rifle barrel here in Ireland.Our firearms act missed that one and still do.Guess what will be the next type of weapon favourd by criminals?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 slugster

Dunno if you did this for legal reasons or for accuracy.But if for legal reasons,there is no legal min length for a rifle barrel here in Ireland.Our firearms act missed that one and still do.:rolleyes:

So your saying for sure no requirement on barrel length.... I have an Idea for all who are looking to get a pistol [ Telll me if im wrong ] .

Buy a ruger 10/22, a replacement barrel say 4" long, a pistolgrip (only) stock and to round it up with one of those 50rnd belt mags see image.

If im right a second licence is not needed if the shorter barrel is on the same caliber.

Hey Presto handguns for everryone.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

slugster wrote:
    So your saying for sure no requirement on barrel length.... I have an Idea for all who are looking to get a pistol [ Telll me if im wrong ] .

Buy a ruger 10/22, a replacement barrel say 4" long, a pistolgrip (only) stock and to round it up with one of those 50rnd belt mags see image.

If im right a second licence is not needed if the shorter barrel is on the same caliber.

Hey Presto handguns for everryone.:D

Wait till the FAO sees it!!

Should work in theory.It is quite a common gang banger modification of the 10/22 in the USA.Trouble is where do you get a 4in 10/22 barrel and a workable pistol grip for it?I have seen a design once that would have made a 10/22 into somthing like a mini uzi with the mag working as the grip.But it never got off the drawing board.Also I reckon the muzzle blast,might require some taming.
    No doubt our law enforcers and betters would quote some sort of EU law,[when it suits them ]about EU stds of barrel lengths if this mod became common.HOWEVER there would be NOTHING to stop anyone getting a folding stock trimming the barrel and/or stock to size,adding the mag and if wanting to a flash suppressor,and having what the BATF calls a short barrelled rifle.
    all the advantages of a pistol sized weapon ,with rifle capabilities,and be still obeying the letter of the law.Or buying a suppressed 10/22 barrel and have it permantly attached to the gun,thussly making it an integral part of the gun and ASFIK there is then no need for an extra permit for the suppressor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The real question of course is what possible use could someone come up with for one of those yokes, other than aforementioned gang-banging?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Degsy wrote:

Have your FAOs actually ever looked at the guns you are going to purchase. Cos when i apply for a licence the only description the FAO gets is what the gun shop owner writes down on the receipt/proof of purchase thingy. My FAO has never seen any of my guns

Degsy wrote:

What are your thoughts on this one...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

slugster wrote:

I dont think it would pass the famous "I DONT LIKE DA LOOK O THAT" test!!!!!

newby.204 wrote:
    I dont think it would pass the famous "I DONT LIKE DA LOOK O THAT" test!!!!!

Think about it , buy and licence a standard ruger. Purchase a short barrel and the reciever housing as in the picture. After all your still working within the confines of the firearms rules. This would not be a perminant modification.:D

civdef wrote:
    The real question of course is what possible use could someone come up with for one of those yokes, other than aforementioned gang-banging?

"Gang-Banging" ...............I think there's another forum for that :D

• Advertisement

slugster wrote:

Intra Tec scorpion.ASFIK not made anymore.Fell foul of the Clintoon crime control bill,and is basically a 22 version of the Tec 9 9mm"Assault pistol" What you intend to assault with a pistol is beyond me.Again not a very accurate tingy,looking for a problem to be a solution to.

FAO looked at mine ONCE."Jazus them is fine lookin guns.What would you want a mag extension for?" Handling my 10 shot Remmy 1100 says he.
    "For practical shotgun matches and vermin shooting "
    says I
    Oh thats grand so "says he.Never came back since

"Gang bangin" La street gang term[1980s] for a shooting situation between two rival gangs.

Thanks for the Dictionary excerpt on Gang-Bang.
    Whats that rapper say? .. Where I come from gun control is using both hands.

Advertisement