Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will you be getting a Conroe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

nope
    Anyone know when these are due to be available to the unwashed masses?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

will be getting E6400
    More than likely August. Offical launch date will be the big Oem's, chips will filter down to the common Joe later.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

will be getting E6400
    Change of plan :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

nope
    awhir wrote:
    pull the dell lapy apart its what it desvers.
    hey now be nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

will be getting E6400
    conzymaher wrote:
    Not really.......

What if AMD/ATI decide that they wont allow Nvidia to make chipsets for AMD......

They likely can't. It would be anti competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I think I will treat myself to a Conroe in the summer. Amd's response will come and the chip may end up being superior but it won't be until the end of the year at the very earliest (but more than likely mid 2007). Intel will have the performance crown for a year I think.

Taking offers now for ;)

# AMD Opteron 146 @ 2726mhz
    # 2 gigs of very fast ram ;)
    # 2 7800 GT's in SLI 475, 1175

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

And so AMD continue to fight back. Step 1 was the Price cutting and now we have Step 2,
    Reverse-HyperThreading
    . Seems like an interesting tech anyway, one that will probably benefit gamers and those using single threaded apps. Only time will tell though, but lets just say I won't be recommending anyone rush out to buy a Conroe anytime soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

will be getting E6700
    Interesting alright, it all depends on whether it will affect games in a big enough way to persuade potential conroe users to think twice. Conroe is already making waves in minimum frame rates. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=185555

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yes the rumors circulating around now is that AMD's reverse hyperthreading is going to be released later this year on AM2. Coupled with a 4x4 system this might be a worthy competitor to Conroe. When AMD switches to 65nm it will alot of clock speed to play with. I hear the FX 64 is to be releassed in August as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

10 Second SuperPi with a 5 GHz conroe. That is preeettty fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

will be getting E6400
    I'll probably get a 6600 but it depends on how the much the am2 processors are reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

nope
    Azza wrote:
    Yes the rumors circulating around now is that AMD's reverse hyperthreading is going to be released later this year on AM2. Coupled with a 4x4 system this might be a worthy competitor to Conroe. When AMD switches to 65nm it will alot of clock speed to play with. I hear the FX 64 is to be releassed in August as well.

this reverse-hyperthreading looks amazing, considering most games are single threaded at the moment

will be getting E6400
    gline wrote:
    this reverse-hyperthreading looks amazing, considering most games are single threaded at the moment

Apparently it is some major marketing babble too. Part of what this features does to improve single threaded applications is to just switch off 1 core and OC the remaining core. Not exactly amazing now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

will be getting E6300
    wats a conroe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nope
    iggyman wrote:
    wats a conroe?

bah read thew thread and you will find out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

will be getting E6400
    I'm READY for Conroe!, i'll either get a E6600 or E6700..depends on the multi of the CPU and what will bring me close to DDR2 800. Since both chips run at 533Mhz FSB.

I have a 2GB kit of G.SKILL ready, 4-4-4-12-1T @ DDR2 800, i'll probably get the top end Gigabyte Intel 965P mobo and i am thinking about the OCZ GameXtreme 700W PSU for juice.

Where do you get all this money?? thats assuming that your not bull****ting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

will be getting E6400
    magick wrote:
    NO not until i see some good independant reviews of it , and see how they match up to am2, pre release hype is just exactly that hype!

emotion chip anyone?! :D
    eh theres loads of them!!!!

will be getting E6400
    And hopefuly all things will ing Ill be getting a special 6600 over the summer, fun times ahead my friends very fun times

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Why don't we have E6800 for the poll! Can't vote now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Nobody expected Intel to take this lying down and here they come, as expected, with the goods.

/me waits for the price war to begin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

nope
    im waiting to see what amds response is, should be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

will be getting E6600
    If funds are available i will be certainly be building a nice water cooled conroe rig.

fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

gline wrote:
    im waiting to see what amds response is, should be interesting
    Inverted hyperthreading? Dunno if its gonna be enough. But hey... I'm all for competition. Its nice too see both proc manu's on fighting ground again. Hopefully I'll be getting mine from the states, but i did see a rumour saying that they night be delayed by 2 months. now before you go flaming me this guy couldn't substatiate it to me. Just that he said he knew. His English wasn't great. I know Woodcrest have been pushed back a week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

nope
    Tyan Personal Supercomputer with 16 Woodcrest chips ftw...

will be getting E6400
    Sure Intel seemingly have a similar tech to that hyperthreading thing AMD have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

nope
    I still aint got the cash to finish my 939 rig :o

Teeheee! at least stuff is getting cheaper though because of Conroe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

will be getting E6400
    Looking forward to seeing the first reviews of the conroe rigs people on boards buy. As for me, im gonna wait a few months to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nope
    god never knew that the conroe were actualy out !!! in america people are all ready ocing them on extremsystems allready :eek: :eek:

will be getting E6400
    awhir wrote:
    god never knew that the conroe were actualy out !!! in america people are all ready ocing them on extremsystems allready :eek: :eek:
    Their not out till end of July ;p
    And were already OCing Quad Core Kentsfields at XS ;p Hence the XTREME part ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

will be getting E6700
    We have a woodcrest (xeon version of conroe) system on order. Dell are selling them, but you need to order by phone. I can't wait. 2 x dual core conroes ftw!

Advertisement