Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will you be getting a Conroe

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

nope
    Where do you get all this money?? thats assuming that your not bull****ting

I can only think of 2 professions that would rake in so much cash... he must be either a solicitor or a drug dealer.

For the stupid: JOPKE!!11!oneone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

will be getting E6700
    or a non smoker, drinker and mass goer !!lol

seriuos ............. its not that expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Khannie wrote:
    We have a woodcrest (xeon version of conroe) system on order. Dell are selling them, but you need to order by phone. I can't wait. 2 x dual core conroes ftw!
    Kentsfield should also be a sensation! Quad cores.... [homer drool]

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Sengoku79

will be getting the king X6800
    I will get either the 6300 or the 6600 am waiting to see proper benchies comparing the two, coz if there is no noticeable difference in the additional cache of the 6600 compared to the 6300, I will buy the 6300 & o/c it, if there is I will get the 6600.

Unfortunately the benchies for the 6300 are based on eng samples at the mo rather than final prod unlike the 6600 benchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

nope
    I've made my mind up now. I was a "not sure", now I'm going to buy an E6600 in a month or two once a decent selection of motherboards is available :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭far2gud

whats the official release date for these chips?

Also found this interesting link - prices so much cheaper in the US

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/104043-conroe-buyers-guide-anyone-wanting-conroe.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

will be getting E6400
    23rd July is launch day and they avialable from mon for pre-order customers...(ME) :D
    they'd cost more comin from us by the time customs are thru with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

far2gud wrote:
    whats the official release date for these chips?

Also found this interesting link - prices so much cheaper in the US

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/104043-conroe-buyers-guide-anyone-wanting-conroe.html

News just in, all computer components are so much cheaper in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

will be getting E6400
    WOW!!!!!!
    Thanks man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

will be getting E6600

They tend to be a bit cheaper, but their prices dont list tax, ours include 21% VAT. That added and usually the diff is not as fantastic.

Matt

• Advertisement

will be getting E6700
    I'll not be getting an intel again ! waiting to see the AMD response and also a DX10 graphics card to complement! end of year, I dont care ! AMD will knock Intels socks off...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Matt Simis wrote:
    They tend to be a bit cheaper, but their prices dont list tax, ours include 21% VAT. That added and usually the diff is not as fantastic.

Matt

Yes ours include VAT, but as long as they buy from an e-tailer that doesn't have any operations in the state they live in they don't have to pay any sales tax on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

will be getting E6400
    Drapper wrote:
    I'll not be getting an intel again ! waiting to see the AMD response and also a DX10 graphics card to complement! end of year, I dont care ! AMD will knock Intels socks off...........

this will always happen... one company frog jumping the other every 6months or so... so saying your waiting till amd to bring something better is in my opinion usless as after amd are leading intel will bring something else out and so the cycle restarts.... as for dx10 gcards you be waiting at least a year for them.. expect to see another revision of dx9 near the end of the year..

you see dx10 wont come main stream till vista come onboard and then your looking at spending 200 on the os which isnt looking to be coming out till mid 07

there ya go.. a little food for thought ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

will be getting E6400
    Drapper wrote:

dude you sound like a 12 year old girl. Buy whatever is the best tech at the time of purchase and leave any brand loyalty at the door..

will be getting E6700
    dude you sound like a 12 year old girl. Buy whatever is the best tech at the time of purchase and leave any brand loyalty at the door..

:p beeehatchhhhhh

will be getting E6400
    Drapper wrote:
    :p beeehatchhhhhh

Seriously though, when it comes to consumer electronics, it is very silly to base a purchase solely on it being a brand you trust.

will be getting E6700
    Seriously though, when it comes to consumer electronics, it is very silly to base a purchase solely on it being a brand you trust.

OK I'll but of those Beko fridges in ALdi the next time ! they are meant to be fantastic.........

will be getting E6400
    Drapper wrote:
    OK I'll but of those Beko fridges in ALdi the next time ! they are meant to be fantastic.........

Ok you do that.. OR.... You could read reviews of whatever product you are buying at the time and make a rational decision..

will be getting E6700
    Ok you do that.. OR.... You could read reviews of whatever product you are buying at the time and make a rational decision..

so many dodgy reviews on the net! take it from me!

will be getting E6400
    Drapper wrote:
    so many dodgy reviews on the net! take it from me!

Good lad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nope
    im gona w8 until dx10,vista come out and then zill prob get a new procceser hopefully AMD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

will be getting E6400
    not another one :( ........... look if you are going to wait till dx10 good luck to you... though you will be waiting at least the best part of a year. then you have to go and upgrade your gpu and on top of that you have to spend 200 on vista to run it...... anyways before all that happens we will be seeing another revision of dx9 ..... and why amd?? is it that you like the sticker that you get with them.... you should buy components on how they preform and not their name......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

nope
    nope just not really worth my time buying a conroe for getting a huge 4000 points in 3D mark.i have dual core amd clocked at 2600 and until that starts getting pushed by games i will upgrade.

also we never had much luck with intel so i woulth rather supporting amd and but if amds 4x4 is **** i will go intel does that make you happy :)

Advertisement