Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Money transfer from the states to Ireland

Options
  • 06-06-2006 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the routing number for ireland.My bank here in the states has just called and are requested the routing number in order to proceed with the international transfer.

They charge 30 dollars everytime i want to transfer money into my bank ac in ireland.Are there any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

They charge 30 dollars everytime i want to transfer money into my bank ac in ireland.Are there any other options?

Not really.

You can use xetrade.com to transfer the funds. As they will probably use their bank in europe to lodge the funds you should save a little in fees. You will also get a decent rate from them too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

galwaydude wrote:
    Does anyone know the routing number for ireland.My bank here in the states has just called and are requested the routing number in order to proceed with the international transfer.

"Routing Number"? It could be one of three things, your national sort code (3 digit number that begins with 9 that you use with your bank account number to lodge money). Your International Bank Account number, which includes your sort code and bank account number and begins with IE and is on your statement, or your bank's SWIFT/BIC code with is usually something like BOIIE2k or AIBIE2K, which identifies your bank on the international swift payments network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Thanks mate.I found my IBAN number so will give them a call and see if it is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 TriWannabe

good luck, thats all i can say. i spent MONTHS trying to get money wired from california to my TSB account. what a nightmare. it was from an Etrade account. Etrade hadn't a CLUE!!! but i have had money wired from a different financial instituation in the states to my TSB account several times and it only took a few days.

I am transferring from citizens bank here in new hampshire. They are one of the largest banks here in new England. The strange thing is that it worked fine last month when we transferred money. The woman who did the transfer isnt in work today:(.

• Advertisement

i would DEFINITELY wait for the woman who did it before. my money from etrade was lost in space for months. it took forever for them to trace it and get it back and then try transfering it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

When I was in Ireland my folks in law wired money directly to my BOI account from theres, it took about a week and I dont think there was a charge (there might have been an "outgoing charge" for them but not for me).

I will wait for her to come back into work tomorrow. It took 3 days last month and cost 30 dollars. Its just annoying as our mortgage payment comes out of my ac and its due in a few weeks. Oh the joys of owning a house.

for the first few years i lived in the states i used to get an international bank draft and make it out to my dad, mail it to him in ireland, and he would cash it and depsoit it in my account. just another idea........

Advertisement