Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F*****g search

Options
  • 06-06-2006 5:55pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What is the dea? I click search, ent er a term, it prints me to another blank search page, and when I enter it again, changing the timeframe to any time, the page just refershes, its will not let me search. At all.

I'm using google but its not the same.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?search=orange+organics

Works for me. It goes to the blank start page for half a second but then boardtracker seems to kick in.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

nope. just sits there for me...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's probably something up with your browser then. Try clearing your cache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BoardTracker

What browser do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I was having trouble with the search when NoScript was blocking boardtracker.com. Any help?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the current search is terrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

the current search is terrible?
    Yeah. I don't like it. It doesn't seem to let you know Forum each thread is from. Unless of course I'm missing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Zascar wrote:
    What is the dea? I click search, ent er a term, it prints me to another blank search page, and when I enter it again, changing the timeframe to any time, the page just refershes, its will not let me search. At all.

I'm using google but its not the same.
    relax.
    Its just a search on an internet message board.
    it works, its just slightly different to the way it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

It works fine for me! Well done board!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Become a moderator and the boards.ie world is your search oyster!

I'd rather a fast loading boards.ie than a searchable boards.ie anyday tbh. Try to google workarounds as stickied in Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

I find it doesn't return as many results as the old search would have done. For example a search on transactonline now only returns two threads whereas I know there were several more previously. Does it only search thread titles?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

There doesn't seem to be any plans to improve this.

There's no way to search your old posts or anyone else's. You can't even search within a forum now.

Will this ever be fixed or is it being ignored since the site runs much faster now?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

quarryman wrote:
    There doesn't seem to be any plans to improve this.

perhaps you missed this 11 paged thread just below? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

quarryman wrote:
    There's no way to search your old posts or anyone else's. You can't even search within a forum now.

Google

Board Tracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I think its integrated very well. Fair play, doing a good job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Beruthiel wrote:
    perhaps you missed this 11 paged thread just below? :/

read thru some of that, 11 pages though....

thanks for the alternatives hobbes but boardstracker only gave 9 results, from 2000 posts!

And google seems to be just giving the results randomly and there ain't many of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

the old vbulletin search may have been a dog but i miss it. *sniff*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

personally i hate the new search

Advertisement