Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone advice!

• 06-06-2006 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

OK so I want to get a new phone because my 3220 is pretty lame!! I want one with decent features and would prefer a nokia. I also want to stay with Meteor because free texts really are great! So the N70 can't be unlocked and i'm not sure if i wanna spend €380 on a sim free one. I have been considering the 7370 cos its a nice size and looks good but the lack of memory is putting me off but I did see the 6680 sim free today for €300 (or €240 on vodafone, which i presume can be unlocked easily enough??) which is tempting!?
    Any advice/suggestions on what to go for would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

6680 is the same as the n70 for unlocking. imo its worth 300 for the sim free one. or take a look in the fs mobiles forum for a second hand one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

OK so looking at both i really like the N70. So what would you go for:

N70=€380
    6680=€300
    both unlocked.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

N70's not great. I'd personally go for the 6680 and use the money saved to buy a decent memory card. I think the 6680 is a hell of alot more convenient design wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Also meant to ask if I put my meteor sim into either of them what features will i not be able to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ive had the n70 and the 6680 and i much prefer the n70, nicer design and fm radio and seems a bit quicker too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

storka wrote:
    Also meant to ask if I put my meteor sim into either of them what features will i not be able to use?

Video calling and other 3g services obviously....not much else really. Speaking of which make sure the network mode is set to gsm in options if you are using these phones with a meteor 2g sim

The n70 IS quicker though, it has more internal memory and more ram then the 6680 does.

Advertisement