Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree trespass

• 06-06-2006 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭

I have a problem id like some advice on

The school next door to us has very tall evergreen trees on their side of the wall. The trees block all the light on our driveway and every year they shed all these little brown buds on it. We wrote to them and asked them to cut them back and top them a bit but they replied saying that we could do it ourselves if we wanted it done and to just tell inform them when we planned on doing it. The trees use to be quite green but they have cut all the branches below about 10/12 feet so now they look quite bare and dead so if they are topped I dont think there will be very much green left on them. Can anyone tell me our rights here? if we decide to do it ourselves do we have to get rid of the stuff we cut or is that up to them. Alternatively how much is it to have a tree removed by a professional?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

don't quote me on this but I asked a tree surgeon and he said that you can cut what ever is on your property and give to the owner to dispose of.

I have Leylandi's growing onto my property and they are a pain.

I couple of litres of diesel into the roots at night would solve a lot of problems :D --only joking .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭gonk

>I have Leylandi's growing onto my property and they are a pain.

This has become the subject of anti-social behaviour legislation in the UK. Maybe McDowell will follow suit.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2003/30038--i.htm

Advertisement