Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business e-mail.... signature

Options
  • 06-06-2006 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi

This might be the wrong forum but somehow it's technical. I'm trying to create signature for business e-mails, preferably plain text since not everyone is viewing HTML e-mails. I can't seemly find any good examples on the net so I pull the puzzle together and it becomes this. I don't see how it is looking any good!
    Organisation Name Limited
    Room Number, Which Floor, Block Number, Which City, What Postcode, Country

T: +11-[1]1-1111 1111, +11-[1]1-1111 2222
    F: +11-[1]1-1111 3333
    E: info@companydomain.com
    W: http://www.companywebsite.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately at support@companydomain.com and delete this e-mail.

http://www.travelshop.com - Travel :: The ultimate dream every summer
    http://www.onlineshop.com - Mall :: Premier On-Line Shopping Center for Geeks

Does not look good and dragging? Any other way to work this around? The last two lines are just to advertise the business.

Mart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

looks fine to me. I would use a grey font on this part and a smaller font size than the rest:
    "This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately at support@companydomain.com and delete this e-mail."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Hi Rollo

I would make font and size changes, put images and so on, if it was an HTML. Unfortunately in plain text, it is unlikely can be done. don't you think it has too many lines?

mart

mart_max wrote:
    ....if it was an HTML...

doh! forgot about that! I think it may have too many lines alright. Just looking at a business email signature that i received today..... It has ten lines in it:

First Name Last Name
    Business
    Tag Line for Business
    URL 1
    URL 2
    Phone Number 1
    Phone Number 2
    Phone Number 3
    Phone Number 4
    Fax Number

Yours has ten too but obviously a lot more characters. mmmm, i think it's fine. Do you need the disclaimer there? That is the only really contensiuos element really. Personally i would leave it there, it does no harm and seems to be professional in its writing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Lose the disclaimer, it's a worthless waste of bandwidth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

For what it's worth here's what I use.

========================
    Burke Services - Cavalaire 83240
    Phone 00 33 (0) 6 12 02 02 61
    Email: burke@wanadoo.fr
    Web: www.Burke-Services.com
    ========================

Dead plain and simple, a sig is only a business card nailed at the end of a letter.
    Don't loose too much sleep over it.

/Edit mods feel free to modify or delete if you feel I'm advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

only a business card! a business card is one of the most important things for your business's image :rolleyes:

heggie wrote:
    only a business card! a business card is one of the most important things for your business's image :rolleyes:
    That I know FFS , my real business cards are printed full colour both sides, English (horizontal format) on one side and French (vertical format) on the other and laminated. There is only so much you can do with a plain text email signature. IMHO it should be plain and simple. You don't want to push something into someone's face time after time as would happen with email. I would say keep it discreet, visible and with all the info needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

The original sig is in my opinion WAY too big ...

as Hagar said keep it simple ...

If I want your address I can go to your website ...

so the following is enough in my opinion...
    C: Bobland Enterprises, 1 Bobland, Bob
    T: 555-5555 F: 555-6666
    E: bob@bobland.com
    W: www.bobland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Why would you put your email address in your email signature?

ease of reference ... they have all your details there at a glance ...
    if its an info address for general enquiries as opposed to your personal address and so on ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Most people hit the reply button regardless, so I can't see why you would want to put your email address in...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

1) because people are silly
    2) fwd's and all sorts of other fun stuff it could have been ripped out from, its nice to include it in the body of the email and not just the headers(it also follows convention ;) ).

blacknight wrote:
    Most people hit the reply button regardless, so I can't see why you would want to put your email address in...

If thats the case ... why include your phone number / address / website address / other details ? ... if they are just going to hit reply ...

Why when you ring people do you leave your number even though they presumably have Caller ID ...

It can include a sales / info / other address as opposed to your own ..

Also it can include your own email address your email may have originated from a generic support / sales email address and if they hit reply it will go back to that ...

A different way of thinking is ... Its a business card / Email sig ...
    Your business card usually contains your name on it ? ... yet you are giving it to people sometimes who know your name .. why include that info ... ? .. so that if it gets passed on .. the next person knows who you are ...

Is there a standard/official sig for Blacknight?
    If there is one, post it for critique... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

/american psycho moment

By *cough* coincidence *cough* I seem to have received an email from Blacknight Sales on the web.
    The sig includes the web address I just visited to elicit the email response. Redundant or what?:D

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Blacknight Solutions
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.blacknight.ie/
    http://blog.blacknight.ie/
    Tel. +353 (0)59 9183072
    Locall: 1850 927 280
    Fax: +353 (0)59 9164239
    [/FONT]

Hagar wrote:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    Blacknight Solutions
    [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.blacknight.ie/
    http://blog.blacknight.ie/
    Tel. +353 (0)59 9183072
    Locall: 1850 927 280
    Fax: +353 (0)59 9164239
    [/FONT]

there is more than that, the ten line sig i mentioned was from blacknight. No expense spared bandwidth wise, you could save about 30cent a week by dropping down to 9 lines no doubt about it.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

wow loads of feedback. thank you guys, i will definitely remove the disclaimer if the client agrees. :D

mart

Advertisement