Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no refresh on a flash file within a page?

Options
  • 06-06-2006 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

That's probably a horrid title for this thread but anyways....I will soon have a flash file which streams audio across my website, a problem in doing this is that each time the page is refreshed or a link is clicked and followed the flash file will also refresh. Is there anyway to avoid this occuring other than placing the flash file within a frame / iframe or creating a pop-up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Just a suggestion ...

Could you pass the session ID through the flash file ... so if the page is refreshed .... the session is passed ... and you know that they were 1/3 of the way through the movie ... by storing this in a database or whatever ...

No idea if it'll work ... but it sounds plausible .. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i have never tried any really server scripting coupled with any mysql for flash. It's something i said i would always look into but never got around to. I'm going to trust you that your theory is sound and i'll investigate it :)

In saying that though the media player i have is be run via an xml
    playlist which is generated via php/mysql. I must look into doing sessions in flash.

Cheers

Having reread your original post ... I don't think what I'm suggesting will actually work ... you're going to have a break in the audio .. which is unacceptable from the end user point of view hmm ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

how do you mean "break in the audio" ?

What I was suggesting would require the player / flash file to reload each time the page is refreshed ... but would then link to a specific track / section of the track based on where you were ... as such .. during the reload time you'll have no audio ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement