Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards UCD Summer Trip

Options
  • 06-06-2006 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

This is the first time anything like this has been tried as far as I know and I dont know how much interest would be generated so I'll add a poll. I just got back from Galway and I loved the place. I was thinking, and Scraggs agrees that we should organise some sort of UCD Boards drinking session in Galway that would last for a few days. Im thinking anytime after 10th of July? If there is enough serious responses we can talk further.

Regards
    Grimes

Boards UCD Summer Holidays? 13 votes

Yes: Woot Boards trip to Galway
    0% 0 votes
    No:Grimes you loser
    100% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Woooo sesssssssssiún! I call shotgun

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

so should have made this a public poll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Yeah whoo hooo! Let's def give it a go! I'll willing to take some passengers of the people-I've-already-met variety and I can recommend a clean n cheap hostel right in the city that the L&H used for the IV earlier this year that was a great place to stay.

C'mon ye pack of wasters, ya know ya wanna!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I'd be up for that work and all else permitting!!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Would it be out of line to suggest Cork? It's just there are already plans in the making for a trip for the Spell Czechers to Cork, and it could be a good way to maximise the boardsies at it. Some local boards people should be in attendance too.

I know Grimes would personally love to come face-to-face with the SC massive.

• Advertisement

Would it be out of line to suggest Cork? It's just there are already plans in the making for a trip for the Spell Czechers to Cork, and it could be a good way to maximise the boardsies at it. Some local boards people should be in attendance too.

I know Grimes would personally love to come face-to-face with the SC massive.
    But then we wood hav two tawk goodly:D

ah no I dont particularly care where we go.. I dont mind as long as I get shotgun!

Ill go anywhere as long as its after the 15th of July. We have no problem with transport as between myself and elmyra thats 2 cars and 8 other people. I'd be happy to get 5tbh. No problem with the SpellCheckers :D but as I said cant do anything until after the 15 of July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

That wouldn't be too bad for like 2 days at most would be fine.
    EDIT: We could always get the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm working 7 days a week for the summer, so unfortunately I'm out. Great idea though.

Well I was thinking only 2 nights. RK you MUST be able to get 2 nights off!

• Advertisement

Cork, Galway, whatever! I quite like Galway but I'll happily fall in with the will of the masses. Grimesy will have to lead though cos I don't know the route. We could pit stop together for lunch and stuff if we drove. T'would be fun!

I love the Bohemian Diddlyeye sessions In Galway. I'd be inclined to keep it in the family but Id go with the Masses

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Grimes wrote:
    Well I was thinking only 2 nights. RK you MUST be able to get 2 nights off!
    Unfortunately not until August 25. :eek:

Muahahaha boards kidnapping of RK...we know where you work:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Or the train its really comfortable....

I'm only thinking in terms of cheapness. Return ticket to Galway or Cork in or around fifty euro, thirty something I think with a student travel card. Carring it? Basically free. I can't blame anyone who'd prefer a train to my girly driving though :p

Good Luck trying to keep up with the Grimes in my Shaguar.

Oh please, my wheels corner like they're on rails....5th gear is my best friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'd like to go but I'd need to know the date so I can get a few days off work. I can't just turn around 3 days before and say "hey I'm off"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Return to Galway is about €40 on the train (€25ish with student card).

I might be up for this. Not sure what im doing yet regarding work and would all depend on that.

• Advertisement

Well my going is based on the assumption that we'll have picked advance dates also. Actually, once we have about 10 or 12 people interested in going we should maybe start a new 'when's good for you?' poll, Grimesy ol buddy ol pal?

elmyra wrote:
    we should maybe start a new 'when's good for you?' poll, Grimesy ol buddy ol pal?

that was the plan. It wont be untill well into the summer to give everyone time to get time off work and get some money together ect . Some of us would want a cheap hostel and others better accomodation. Then again lads we always have cars so its just drinking money and accomodation

tent =€5
    hostel =€20
    B&B=€30-40
    hotel=€110
    drink=€whaeva u can handle
    elmyra's driving=€priceless
    B-K-DZR wrote:
    I might be up for this. Not sure what im doing yet regarding work and would all depend on that.

would need you there to man up the place with me, If its just girls i'd end up dressed in women's bras and the likes.

Ha! Owen's what passes for a man now eh? :p

I seem to remember you putting on that pink Cardi quite willingly as well Grimey!

you mean this?

gayham.jpg

anyway Im really looking forward to this and I hope it goes ahead even if it is only a small group. Hulla can you do both trips?

Out and proud eh?

Yeah it's a fantastic idea, big group or small we should definitely go ahead with it. I imagine there will be a couple more interested who haven't been online yet to see it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

would need you there to man up the place with me, If its just girls i'd end up dressed in women's bras and the likes.
    I got your back bro.
    Ha! Owen's what passes for a man now eh?
    Below the belt there shin waaaay below the belt*

*Which probably isnt as bad as just below the belt i guess

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hmmm, I'm not sure about swinging that much time off, especially if it's a weekend. If the Spell Czechers manage to come up with something that suits you guys, I'll let you know. I'll do my best to make it to both.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

sounds good, depends on when it is. i'm working most weekends and thursdays for the summer.

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Below the belt there shin waaaay below the belt*

*Which probably isnt as bad as just below the belt i guess

Lmao. Beautiful visual.

I'm sorry....I probably wouldn't be if I could run faster than you but since I can't: sorrrryyyy Owen!!

OT: We should go somewhere that has places we can have a wander by during the daytime....unless of course you guys wanna drink day and night....and ya know I'm cool with that...it'll be fun posting all the stuff you don't remember in the aftermath :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

elmyra wrote:
    Grimesy will have to lead though cos I don't know the route.
    Fucking women drivers! :p

Get on M50, Exit Jct 7 onto N4. N4 becomes M4. At end of M4 take N6 to Galway. Simple.

Advertisement