Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will It Ever Stop?????????

Options
  • 06-06-2006 8:44pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

ATI's answer to the Ageia physx ppu:rolleyes:

All you need is a handful of ATI cards 3 16X PCI-Express slots, a few hundred watts of power on your 12volt rail, and a case full of 120mm fans........

DA Da!!!! Physics processing and Crossfire:D

P.s We will be getting cheaper CPUs soonw ith Conroe and K8l

But when you need an Ageia PPU for UT2007, nvidia cards for havok for HL3, and ATI cards for whatever standard they will be using, it will be crazy!!!!

We need a standard Physics platform like DirectX or OGL

**edit*** I forgot to put a link to the article:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

The asus/bfg physx cards are dropping alot in price already. You'll be looking at €100-€125 by the end of july i'd say.

Interesting how they are makin CPU's capable of more and more, yet we're using them less and less. I know the PhysX and GPU's are optimized for their individual tasks but still...seems like overkill to moi...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Bah. I'll be putting a PhysX card in my new machine at the end of the summer. But everyone better sort their act out, because I'm not going to be switching from my Aegia card to my ATI one when I switch games...

Roll on PS3 :o

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I wouldnt buy any PPU solution until the dust settles, because one company will eventually win / buy the other company:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

conzymaher wrote:
    I wouldnt buy any PPU solution until the dust settles, because one company will eventually win / buy the other company:D

thats what im planning to do...wait and see.. best policy :D

Advertisement