Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My new veichle!

Options
  • 06-06-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Not quite a car, but fast none the less :)

newboat.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Is that Lidl rope, John? ;)

(lovely erm, vehessel there though John, makes me want to quit this land lubber lifestyle and heave anchor.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

murphaph wrote:
    Is that Lidl rope, John? ;)

(lovely erm, vehessel there though John, makes me want to quit this land lubber lifestyle and heave anchor.....)

It sure it - I managed to buy the boat with the spare change from Lidl as opposted to going to a chandlery shop :D

Boats are great - I'd take this boat over a Ferarri anyday (No penalty points on water woohoo!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

id say its great to be out on it in weather like this:)

BFassassin wrote:
    id say its great to be out on it in weather like this:)

I've put up about 150 miles in past 3 days - I'm happy out. Had bbq's everyday, along with swimming and water skiing... Couldn't ask for more tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

JohnCleary wrote:
    It sure it - I managed to buy the boat with the spare change from Lidl as opposted to going to a chandlery shop :D

Boats are great - I'd take this boat over a Ferarri anyday (No penalty points on water woohoo!)

Not for long, there are talks of bringing in speed restrictions here too and drunken boating is also going to be a no no. The Revenue are clamping down big time on boats from a tax point of view. There's no doubt this is the time of year for boat's and yous looks a beauty John, enjoy.:)

• Advertisement

junkyard wrote:
    Not for long, there are talks of bringing in speed restrictions here too and drunken boating is also going to be a no no. The Revenue are clamping down big time on boats from a tax point of view. There's no doubt this is the time of year for boat's and yous looks a beauty John, enjoy.:)

Well ive been boating for about 12 years now so im well aware of things...

To elaborate on your points:
    VAT has been paid on it when it was bought within the EU - No such thing as VRT on boats, and there never will be
    Speed restrictions are already in place on rivers/near marinas only on the Shannon, speed restrictions wont come into place on open waterways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd love a boat in this weather.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

I am totally ignorant about maritime matters, but how far out to sea can you go with it, or is it for inland waterways/harbours?

maidhc wrote:
    I am totally ignorant about maritime matters, but how far out to sea can you go with it, or is it for inland waterways/harbours?

She's a deep V/Wide berth design, so is designed for coastal waters, however I will be using it on inland waterways. I have the use of a RIB (Rigid inflatable boat) for coastal fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mike65 wrote:
    I'd love a boat in this weather.

Mike.

but you just bought a barge..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

...and I always wanted a gin-palace!

When I lived by the Thames in Surrey you'd always see Rodneys and Cuthberts cutting it up and down all day. Most hadn't a clue how to sail and were a danger to themselves and others, even inland.

I heard a story about one such guy who after one too many, took his gin-palace into open water and suddenly found himself halfway to France without any navigational aids or experience.

He radioed the coast guard, and after the coast guard asked him what his position was, he replied "I'm a director of a brokerage in the city".

I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

the coast guard asked him what his position was, he replied "I'm a director of a brokerage in the city"

LOL :D

Best of luck with the barge, John

Advertisement