Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Releasing Equity on house to purchase another

Options
  • 06-06-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am dappling with the idea of releasing some of the equity on my house to purchase an investment property - looking at a couple of areas outside of Ireland.

I am aware that there may be issues with getting a mortgage with an Irish finance house for a foreign investment. Is there anything I can do with this equity with a financial establishment in another country?

If anyone knows of someone I could talk to about this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭zepp

The word Releasing equity is one of the greatest cons the banks ever pulled. It is called re-morgageing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

as the other poster said equity release is a non term. what it is in effect is borrowing money at a lower rate than consumer credit as the risk to the bank is virtually zero as the loan is secured to a property legally by taking a charge over it. u are just remortaging.
    i believe it is the only option when buying a property abroad, unless u can get a local lender abroad to advance u the money on the security of the foreign one.
    generally though overseas property marketed here is way above market value so be careful.

Advertisement